Swan shot on nest

andrewluke

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MirokuMK70 said:

An awful thing to do, but also awful, lazy journalism... that is clearly a ball bearing that has been shot from a catapult as a 5 minute google search would have revealed that no firearm or airgun was involved.

Once again we are tarred with the same brush!

As they say, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Once again we are tarred with the same brush!

23 minutes ago, MirokuMK70 said:

An awful thing to do, but also awful, lazy journalism... that is clearly a ball bearing that has been shot from a catapult as a 5 minute google search would have revealed that no firearm or airgun was involved.

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Catapult most likely fired by travellers...

More likely Romanians to be honest, they take the ducks off the sailing club's lake.  They are real food scavengers.

25 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, could not read the link but often happens on the Thames, EU nationals like eating swan, i think Windsor  way they shot quite a few one night in 2017, yes killed 2 10 wounded

Yep 

8 hours ago, 39TDS said:

A bit ironic that people on here are moaning about being associated with "shooting" a swan but are happy to decide it was travellers, Romanians etc without any evidence.

Catapults are another sport to the traveller fraternity here. Though they don’t tend to use ball bearings as they have an ample supply of small stones. We get to see a sample most years as they leave a small pile with some pheasant poults at the gate to our pen just to stick a couple of fingers up and let us know they have been. Swans aren’t their usual remit they do usually stick to game species....

hello, this has been going on since the relaxation of immigration from the EU some years back, Tony Blair years,  early 1980s ?? anything edible will be eaten, Swan/Duck/Fish, look at the carp fishery industry, 15 years ago it was like a battle ground as owners tried to stop the stealing of carp, i have seen first hand at a polish family fishing on the banks of the thames taking home a bag full of fish for tea,

11 hours ago, 39TDS said:

A bit ironic that people on here are moaning about being associated with "shooting" a swan but are happy to decide it was travellers, Romanians etc without any evidence.

Ain't that the truth

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, this has been going on since the relaxation of immigration from the EU some years back, Tony Blair years,  early 1980s ?? anything edible will be eaten, Swan/Duck/Fish, look at the carp fishery industry, 15 years ago it was like a battle ground as owners tried to stop the stealing of carp, i have seen first hand at a polish family fishing on the banks of the thames taking home a bag full of fish for tea,

Well that's me in the frame for it too, I regularly ate duck, and fish, really like grilled perch but not many near me and if I was hungry enough I'm sure I would try a swan

41 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i think many ate fish that i knew back many years ago, i have/ pike/perch/eel/ as happen most of those fish taken were roach/bleak/dace,

Same as the eponymous Mr. Crabtree, but people seem to prefer to wave their fingers at "others"

55 minutes ago, henry d said:

Ain't that the truth

Well that's me in the frame for it too, I regularly ate duck, and fish, really like grilled perch but not many near me and if I was hungry enough I'm sure I would try a swan

Yes, but did you steal it/take it without permission/a licence?