FX .25 slugs

villaman

29 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

RFB, If you find yourself in Norfolk you're more than welcome to try mine.

FX have taken a fair bit of stick over the last two odd years for the Impact and Crown. If you track the history of the changes they've made it's quite something. For example the Impact MK1 was a terrible leakly ol' **** of ill repute. The Crown was a big doggie. Now I think they have got it together at last. I actually admire companies who get it out there and when they make boobies they make changes. ATB.        

Good stuff, thanks for the information and the offer Nigel. I’d read about problems with the impact when they first came out. Hopefully I’ll be ok with the latest model crown or impact, whichever I go for👍

9 hours ago, villaman said:

Crown or impact both are up there , my personal preference would be the impact in .22 700 mm barrel . I love my crown but can be a bit long . Just add another to the list to look at is the all new FX wildcat , should be out very soon 

I like the wildcat, just missing an external power adjuster imo. I’ll have a look into the new ones though, wasn’t aware of them. Thanks👍

Wouldn't surprise me, they're getting like Daystate for bringing out new models.

FX state they have a rolling program of upgrades and they just make the changes as they make the guns, so a early MK2 wildcat will differ from a recent one. Not sure why they don't carry on with just making the changes quietly.

There is a video on YouTube from shooter1721  testing the FX.25 hybrids into FBI ballistic gel.

Edited by figgy

Yeah i watched that vid .

Its ok .but doesnt tell us a lot .

Not his normal style of excellent vid .

He confuses the watcher with 2 guns and muddles info .

But looks like the hybrids will carry a lot of energy a long way .

And penetrate more into the gel with slower speeds  .

Ultrastu he is also using the brand new FX smooth twist superior liner. Apparently developed to shoot the new .25 hybrids and made to much better tolerances on all new barrel liner machines. According to FX USA they will be available in all calibers soon. Shoots tighter groups than previous liners.

" Hmm they're not going to say it's not as good are they 🥴😂 and just they can make them faster now so cheaper, only my musings  and not known fact"