Gun identification

Medic1281

Hi,

recently I saw a shotgun that was different from any I’d seen before, they may be common but I was interested in this one. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take a good look at it to identify it properly. 
it was a single barrelled gun but the unusual feature was that to break it you moved the trigger guard similar to a Winchester lever action. I’d not seen this before and wondered if anyone knew what it may be. There’s no pictures, and I won’t be able to get any further information from it. 

22 minutes ago, Down South said:

Google search images Manufrance simplex. Single barrel, trigger guard extends back to act as a lever.

Certainly that type of design. However I don’t remember the spur on the guard and it wasn’t a hammer gun like that. I wish I had chance to have a proper look at it but there were 5 arv officers trying to open it at the time! 

I initially thought it was a cheap baikel type gun as it looks very plain, utilitarian. No scrolling, no obvious finesse. It was a well used farm gun from what I could tell. As I said, I have never seen one like this before, obviously neither had the coppers as they couldn’t open it. They were hitting the end of the barrel like you would an air rifle.