Cutting down plastic wads.

Hi all, I've recently started loading steel for 16 bore. I have plenty of used 67mm RC empty and new 70mm Fiocchi cases. I have good data using A steel, this recipe calls for 70mm case, vp80 wad and overshot card.When made up in 70mm the load is a bit low in the wad but with a little card packer and os card in crimps well on my Lee load all. My question, can I safely cut down the wads so I can use my 67mm cases, use the os card, and reduce the charge and load a little. I've made a couple up and they close nicely. What do you think? Sorry if this has been covered before. Thanks. DS.

Thanks for replying. This was a wet day in lockdown question. I’m happy with using the specified components and the end results work very well. I know to stick with proven data. Can’t get materials to load lead for now so was thinking out aloud.Is it the reduced case volume and base wad that would cause issues or is cutting down the wad also a bad idea. I am here to learn. Thanks.