When we fish again. Angling Trust

Aled

• 2 weeks later...

Our syndicate opened yesterday and I went this morning. First hookup on 3rd cast on Diawl Bach for 1.5lb. Finished with two more at 1.75lb. Got smashed off once and on the last fish it was a double hookup. Point fish snapped off my blueflash damsel but I landed the other one on red diawl bach. Missed quite a few tugs.

It was just wonderful to be out, lovely session.

10 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

You couldn't make this up, yesterday  (Wednesday )  the river Tweed opened up to salmon fishers on the English side of it,  the opposite bank on some beats are in Scotland and they aren't allowed to fish!

I believe that riparian owners on the Scottish side have been approached to see if they would allow fishermen on the English side to cross the meridian line. Most have consented.

11 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

You couldn't make this up, yesterday  (Wednesday )  the river Tweed opened up to salmon fishers on the English side of it,  the opposite bank on some beats are in Scotland and they aren't allowed to fish!

There's a golf course between Shrewsbury and Welshpool, part of the course is in Wales the other part in England. You can play 3 and a half holes...but you can't get between them because that'd be breaking the rules!

All a bit mad, really!

You can go fishing in Wales and play golf.... you cannot drive to do either so if you live walking spdistnace from the golf course you can play a full round.... if you can walk to the river you can fish, if you are a disabled golfer/fisherman you may be able to drive as long as the drive is short......