Bushcraft weekends ??

mad1

Hi all,

Just been wandering about u tube as you do.

Iv noticed there is quite a lot of the bushcraft meets/weekends on there.

Just wondered if anyone on here is into that or has been on any.Could be a good laugh or excuse to go out with the 4x4 for a meet.

Looks like the old catton shoot but without the shooting..

Stay safe 

M1

Wilderness Gathering is supposed to be quite the weekend, well 4 days to be exact. A few of my Knife customers go, its in Wiltshire somewhere, Bit on the expensive side so I have heard especially the courses. I beleive they do catch and cook, but I doubt you will be allowed to run around sporting an .17 HMR. 

Do enjoy the bushcraft video's on Youtube, especially the ones by Kent Survival. Does some very good cooking but its the product placement I like best, he has for instance a sleeping bag and he has to say something along the lines of "Just unrolling the The GX54-21 THERMOTEC 4000." Love his truck as well.

On 29/04/2020 at 14:26, mad1 said:

Hi all,

Just been wandering about u tube as you do.

Iv noticed there is quite a lot of the bushcraft meets/weekends on there.

Just wondered if anyone on here is into that or has been on any.Could be a good laugh or excuse to go out with the 4x4 for a meet.

Looks like the old catton shoot but without the shooting..

Stay safe 

M1

If you fancy a bit of wild camping , you're welcome to use my woodland.  Just don't burn it down 😅.

Hi mel,

I might take you up on that....

Ps when I'm down iv some questions for you and your better half as I want some interior trim cover in either leather or material....

Cheers mel.

Stay safe 

My friends 

M1

6 hours ago, mad1 said:

Hi mel,

I might take you up on that....

Ps when I'm down iv some questions for you and your better half as I want some interior trim cover in either leather or material....

Cheers mel.

Stay safe 

My friends 

M1

thatll be her good selfs department , what i know about leather wouldnt buy you a haircut :lol:.

On 05/05/2020 at 19:05, mel b3 said:

thatll be her good selfs department , what i know about leather wouldnt buy you a haircut .

Don't put yourself down mel, not quite up to the ladies ability but I have seen a couple of your efforts.   That is a very generous offer of access to your wood and post this virus problem I still have to take you up on the invite you made to come up and have a look see. 

23 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Don't put yourself down mel, not quite up to the ladies ability but I have seen a couple of your efforts.   That is a very generous offer of access to your wood and post this virus problem I still have to take you up on the invite you made to come up and have a look see. 

i make a few bits and bobs from leather , but lin has to stand and supervise me lol . youre very very welcome to come up at any time nev , its not as neat and tidy as your set up though mate , id love to have more time to spend up there , and make it look as pretty as it deserves to be . if we ever manage to get out of the current covid mess , i intend sleeping in hammocks slung between trees  when the weather is suitable.

The Bushcraft Show is excellent - We took our Scouts 3 years ago - If you want access to Ray Mears, Lofty Wiseman, Ed Stafford, Paul Kirtley, Dave Canterbury, tons of workshops (albeit some pre-booked at additional fees), lots of good people (as well as a few easy to spot prepper nut nuts) and kit stalls for every conceivable activity, this is the one. Is it commercial - Yes, but only as commercial as you want it to be - If you want to spend you can, but if you don't you don't need to.

• 2 weeks later...

Lofty Wiseman top SAS instructor of many years and literally wrote the book on it all! Still carried and used by many. His vids on youtube are great. Old skool! Proper down to earth no bull. Loads of real info and instruction with no ads or sales pitch. Learnt a lot from them. Like Jack Hargreaves on steroids. 😉         NB