Springer Spaniel Puppies

Miserableolgit

I had my working  KC Reg Springer bitch covered by a good working KC Reg Stud dog back in January [plenty of well known FTCH's on both sides] and she presented us with 5 chunky liver and white pups on March 19th. 1 dog pup, 4 bitches. I bitch is spoken for, I may keep one or two myself so I may have have pups for sale. They are all docked and all KC Reg.

I'm not a breeder, it's been years since I bred from one of my dogs, I just wanted a pup or two out of my nice little bitch to carry on with. These are home bred puppies that we have become very fond of so I am going to be very choosy when it comes to finding decent homes for them. I have a very strong preference for experienced working homes. I'm thinking of around the £700 mark each.

I'm located in Norfolk. Obviously the current C-19 restrictions are making things awkward, I do like to meet people and for us to mutually gauge suitability. Sorry but unlike some I'm not prepared  to sell a pup over the phone and have an animal transport service cart it to the other end of the UK. The more local you are to Norfolk the happier I will be. If I don't feel comfortable about things I will simply keep them. Sorry, I will not make any firm commitments during first contact, so it won't be first come first served, it will be me waiting to see who may be best for my pups.  The right  home is far more important than money.

Thanks for your understanding.

If all the above has not put you off please do message me - but be warned - I don't respond to things like " 'ere, pal, u got any pups? Wotz the lowest u will take for one?"

5 pups.jpg

1 pup.jpg

They look great!

If it’s any help for you or for members looking at this thread, I collected my new ESS pup 3 weeks ago after the lockdown started. I checked with my vet first and he told me that travel to collect or deliver animals was perfectly acceptable and that although most vets are closed for non essential work, they consider vaccinations for puppies as essential. My boy has just had his second round of jabs and although I had to book an appointment and drop him off in the entrance and then wait in the car, they seem to have everything well organised now that they have got use to the distancing rules so that should not put anyone off. 

I looked around for months before I found the right litter so I can tell you that the price you are asking for your pups is fair as well.

Good luck with finding new homes for them.

GG

19 hours ago, general grievous said:

They look great!

If it’s any help for you or for members looking at this thread, I collected my new ESS pup 3 weeks ago after the lockdown started. I checked with my vet first and he told me that travel to collect or deliver animals was perfectly acceptable and that although most vets are closed for non essential work, they consider vaccinations for puppies as essential. My boy has just had his second round of jabs and although I had to book an appointment and drop him off in the entrance and then wait in the car, they seem to have everything well organised now that they have got use to the distancing rules so that should not put anyone off. 

I looked around for months before I found the right litter so I can tell you that the price you are asking for your pups is fair as well.

GG

No one will believe you without a pic😀

On 30/04/2020 at 21:49, general grievous said:

They look great!

GG

most vets have stopped doing vaccinations, our ESS pup picked up 1 week before lockdown can't get her 2nd course and I tried loads of vets in south Wales

Guidance from the BVA & RCVA was updated recently, the following is an extract from the last circular issued by my vet:

Our governing and professional bodies - the RCVS and the BVA - have issued revised guidance on the work that veterinary practices can carry out from the 14th April 2020. This is in anticipation of an extension to the government's lock-down period to combat Covid-19, and a recognition that the current "emergency only" work situation will have a detrimental effect on animal health and welfare if no other work is carried out for the unknown period of lock-down time.

In addition to the emergency work and essential livestock production work we were already carrying out, this now allows us to carry out the following procedures:

Small Animal 
  • Puppy, kitten and rabbit primary vaccinations and first year boosters;
  • Neutering of animals if all other husbandry methods to prevent breeding (such as keeping males and females separated) have been exhausted;
  • Microchipping only at the same time as carrying out another procedure (such as vaccination).
Equine
  • Vaccinations (initial course and annual boosters);
  • Colt castrations (until fly season starts and only if safe to do so);
  • Reproduction work for mares that are already in foal only.
Farm Animal
  • Investigation of long term welfare issues e.g. blood sampling for trace elements / high cell counts.

• 2 weeks later...