Lay-z-spa

markm

I have the Paris, the one with the coloured LED’s.

Paid about £400 for it about three years ago.

For the money, it is fantastic.

Bubbles very powerful. Easy to put up. Easily fit four adults in, six at a squeeze. Goes up to 40 degrees centigrade which is warm enough for anybody.

I initially use the chemicals to get the water right, then I switch to the tablets in the floating dispenser. That seems to keep all the levels reasonably balanced.

The only real negative we have is taking it down in the autumn. Needs to be thoroughly cleaned and dried, otherwise will go mouldy.

In summary, for what you pay, worth every penny.

Some photos of mine lit up at night.

62CC146C-451C-42A3-895D-BE19C69CFA94.jpeg.3e3c27791f402f90ae9f9189dc01b834.jpegE96F86CA-06D1-43E7-9A50-9BA6A65A52D8.jpeg.1cd6430f692e2679330d902ce282aa0e.jpeg992F568D-CE85-4623-97CA-746FEBE6428B.jpeg.0d65f73b24215c092d894f8697ca5ba1.jpegEF684EE4-21C3-4D56-BC6D-86FB61BD0AB9.jpeg.184b1b7192281bddfd023a6eb4927c51.jpeg

1 hour ago, djrwood said:

Good luck getting hold of one. They seem to be s9ld out everywhere and on back order until June/July 

I got one In the last few days from Morrison’s sat in the garage. Cheapest model (Miami I think).  

Sorting it out in the morning as I was told to get a mat for underneath and needed chemical starter kit as there aren’t any in the box.

I have outdoor plugs for power, so no need to have cables hanging out the window.

Thanks for the advice so far  

We have one. 

costs about £6 to heat from cold so if you can fill with cold to about 1/5 then hot water for the rest on initial fill. 
4 cap fulls of chlorine granules to get it started then a capful after every use seems to keep us about level. If not used 2 capfuls every week. 

the pump and heater turns off after 3 days of no use so pop out and just turn the temp up then back down. 
get a washing up bowl so you can swill your feet before getting in. 
ours uses about £1.50 a day when it’s set up and in use. 

only fill it to the minimum line

Packing up - do it properly!

it takes about 12 hours to drain and I then give inside a wash out to remove the chemical film. A spay with diluted bleach and then dry it properly including in any creases. 
run the bubble pump to make sure the water is out of the bubble ring. 
deflate using the adapter and place in a box. 

damage comes when packing up and scrapes on the material creases cause leaks mainly caused when moving as it’s heavy and cumbersome deflated. 

invest in some vinyl patches (ebay £3 for 5 squares) and decent vinyl glue and patch only when deflated as the air pressure pushes under the glue before it’s dry. 
don’t bother with the self adhesive ones for the new style tubs they don’t stick. 

Edited by ph5172

12 hours ago, markm said:

I got one In the last few days from Morrison’s sat in the garage. Cheapest model (Miami I think).  

Sorting it out in the morning as I was told to get a mat for underneath and needed chemical starter kit as there aren’t any in the box.

I have outdoor plugs for power, so no need to have cables hanging out the window.

Thanks for the advice so far  

A mat underneath helps keep it protected, but also helps with insulation, we used those interlocking EVA foam tiles, about £14 from Amazon (don't get the ones with the holes). We've got the Miami, but a similar setup to Moondoggy. B&M have most of the stuff you'll need, plus actual shopping if you need a trip out. Get the chemical starter kit initially, then you'll just need chlorine tablets after your first month or so, until the other bits start to run out. They do drinks holders, and extra filters if you want too. The 2 filters you get with it can be cleaned and need to be done every day if you're using it with women with long hair! I'd recommend a few extras just so you can swap them out quickly when you forget :D

I'd recommend a gazebo if you can. We ran for a few weeks without it when the weather was lovely, but having a gazebo keeps it warmer, cleaner and you might get more use out of it. Ours was £80 for a pop-up from ebay.

2 minutes ago, stumpy69 said:

I made on of these the first week of lockdown using bits I had lying about the house. 

AF2691BC-6405-4260-A6A1-6D2F3E820A71.jpeg

97B9864A-47DC-483B-BC89-BD6F8CC90DF5.jpeg

Thats the thing!!!

I`ve done a lot of research and have been talking my wife round and she is all for it, however I will have to refine ours a bit, fairy lights next to the plastic, pine outer and decked area aound it. I`m going for a home made rocket boiler made to look like a chimenea and aquarium style water and air pumps. Thanks for posting

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

Thats the thing!!!

I`ve done a lot of research and have been talking my wife round and she is all for it, however I will have to refine ours a bit, fairy lights next to the plastic, pine outer and decked area aound it. I`m going for a home made rocket boiler made to look like a chimenea and aquarium style water and air pumps. Thanks for posting

Thats what I am planning but its a 65 mile round trip to the nearest place open which sells timber so the refining will have to wait for now. There's a coil from an old heating tank inside the oil drum which whilst is far from efficient but last week the water was sitting at 38°C and I chucked four average sized hard wood logs in, came back half an hour latter and it had gone up to 44°C. I have refined it a little more now, will pop out and get a photo when the rain stops. 

One thing I found is insulation makes a big difference to how faast it warms.

46 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I never knew we had so many swingers on here

Didn’t you get the secret invite to get access to that Section of the Pigeon watch  Forum ? you have to send photos of your ‘Pampas Grass’ before the mods grant you access.

Brother in law has one been in it a couple of time’s they really enjoy it and Mrs Agriv8 wants one .

Regards Agriv8