Medical report - could this be an issue?

Hunter197

6 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Well I'm that illegal person... 

Doctor wouldn't test me, get on with your life was his answer. I paid for a private test to find out my test levels were very low. 3 doctors wouldn't allow me to have TRT even based on my test results so I inject twice a week.

So class me as a smack head, junkie.. What ever you so wish. 

Excuse my ignorance is it for health reasons or to assist with gym work

2 minutes ago, button said:

Excuse my ignorance is it for health reasons or to assist with gym work

Health issues. 

When testosterone levels are  so low, it has an affect on your mental and emotional health. Yes you can grin and bare it, chin up and all that. A woman can get hrt after a visit to a doctor, in fact they love to proscribe it. Yet a guy needs hormone replacement and it becomes a no no or even a laughing matter 

1 minute ago, andrewluke said:

well why blab to everyone???

Because unlike some I don't have things to hide. If I was a drug user or a recovering alcoholics I wouldn't mind openly talking about it. 

I will talk openly about my health issues 

3 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Health issues. 

When testosterone levels are  so low, it has an affect on your mental and emotional health. Yes you can grin and bare it, chin up and all that. A woman can get hrt after a visit to a doctor, in fact they love to proscribe it. Yet a guy needs hormone replacement and it becomes a no no or even a laughing matter 

Because unlike some I don't have things to hide. If I was a drug user or a recovering alcoholics I wouldn't mind openly talking about it. 

so you will be telling your feo?

On 30/04/2020 at 11:22, bruno22rf said:

Wouldn't give it a second thought - mine sailed thru and my record is,er,interesting and includes Firearms offences.

That cannot be true surely? I assumed it was the black-ball for a single firearms offence, likewise violence. Obviously you have rehabilitated successfully into society, so well done - glad to see second chances work 👍

26 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Health issues. 

I have to admit, if I was denied something legally available, which I needed to function properly, or even more so, one of my children did, I'd have no hesitation going down the illegal route. Sometimes the law can be a complete and utter ***, and those who have no choice but to choose this route have my sympathy. 

On another note, a lad in our club had 'unspecified' firearms offences on his record, but was one of the most responsible members of our club. This was back in the days of handguns mind you, and things were pretty lax back then in comparison with today, so things may have changed somewhat since. 

On 30/04/2020 at 11:22, bruno22rf said:

Wouldn't give it a second thought - mine sailed thru and my record is,er,interesting and includes Firearms offences.

There's many a reformed person amongst us - and some of those who have done it are more prone to go the other way now and become too straight for their own good.

If you worry it will be mentioned I would write a covering letter outlining your version of events, where possible reflecting on your decisions and how things have perhaps changed since then. 

If you go into it with a spot of humble pie and pre-empt trouble you will probably be fine. 

Many thanks all for the insight, very helpful for the most part 

As said in the original post, everything will be declared, a cover letter sounds like a good direction to support this.

My regional FLD are not currently taking on new applications during the pandemic, but I’ll put some updates on here as and when things start moving.

Cheers

Within a 10 mile radius of me I know of 4 guys who have both SGC and FAC.

1    Assualt on a police officer,  6 mths jail.  Hes also been done for salmon poaching several times. His sons a police officer.

2    Poaching/ shooting red deer with a 17 hmr.   fined but tickets not revoked. long list of simular offences. another salmon guy ,also with his wife.

3    Assault/Gbh   5 yrs jail.  SGC n Fac. Another salmon guy. 

4    Armed robbery. 5 yrs jail. salmon guy.

I see 3 of these people using thermal spotting for deer on a regular basis.

Waste of time reporting them.

Go figure what firearms license peeps are thinking.

11 minutes ago, tignme said:

Within a 10 mile radius of me I know of 4 guys who have both SGC and FAC.

1    Assualt on a police officer,  6 mths jail.  Hes also been done for salmon poaching several times. His sons a police officer.

2    Poaching/ shooting red deer with a 17 hmr.   fined but tickets not revoked. long list of simular offences. another salmon guy ,also with his wife.

3    Assault/Gbh   5 yrs jail.  SGC n Fac. Another salmon guy. 

4    Armed robbery. 5 yrs jail. salmon guy.

I see 3 of these people using thermal spotting for deer on a regular basis.

Waste of time reporting them.

Go figure what firearms license peeps are thinking.

You do realise that anyone sentenced imprisonment of 3 years or more is prohibited for having a SGC or FAC for life. I think someone is telling you a bit of a story !!

30 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

You do realise that anyone sentenced imprisonment of 3 years or more is prohibited for having a SGC or FAC for life. I think someone is telling you a bit of a story !!

Dunno if that applies in Scotland?

First off. Im tee total so no pub, 

All of these guys I know of are local to me I see them using thermal on weekly basis.

As it happens my daughter was a serving police officer here. She was also a firearms licensening officer for 6 yrs.

two of the incidents were in the local rag.

I speak to all of them because we are all in various fishing clubs.

Ive fallen out with them in public and have been threatened.

it does not make one difference to me whether you two don't believe it.

the law saw fit to grant their certificates and they have guns and are legal poachers.

I know someone with an FAC that did Borstal, recalled for firearms offence (possession of air rifle within five years of release) and two prison terms. all when he was a **** years ago but had completely turned his life around many years before applying for his ticket. He's now squeaky clean and then some.