Boris is back.

AVB

36 minutes ago, JKD said:

Yes it was and yes it is 😊 Now quick,,,, get the popcorn ready 🙄😜

Are you ready 😭😭

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Getting there. On the total deaths front, only Italy to go and it's into silver medal position behind America. Should have it done by the end of the weekend.

Corona April 30th by deaths.JPG

So are you sure Italy and Spain are reporting all their deaths? How about France? Because apparently they do things differently in different areas.

The things put in place are working, but I'm sure you could have done better.

8 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Getting there. On the total deaths front, only Italy to go and it's into silver medal position behind America. Should have it done by the end of the weekend.

The more I see of the numbers the more I think it's smoke and mirrors with different counting regimes.  What is important is understanding our own numbers where, when how and type. Only with accurate and robust data can we understand where we are heading. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

How accurate are any of the figures? I wouldn't stake a pound on any of them being true.

This^^^^

PS China must be number one. 

Edited by oowee

57 minutes ago, AVB said:

How brilliant to have Boris back at the lectern especially with Prof Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance. Definitely see these as the A Team. 

Please excuse my slightly twisted (sardonic) humor but yes, just in time for the second wave...

Joking aside, I agree they represent the A team 👍

18 minutes ago, oowee said:

This^^^^

PS China must be number one. 

The data on the worldometer site is worth roughly what it costs you to access it.

36 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

You just be gutted that the Government are so popular at the moment. YouGov say it is the nights rating since they started reporting popularity in 2003. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Are you ready 😭😭

Yup,,,, way before you woke up 😂😂😂

Soooo many replies on this thread off topic. It's not a 'put down/nay sayer/anti Boris thread,,,, but that doesn't matter on PW does it 😭😭😭

28 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I’ll be punching the air if they reach the 100 000 tests tomorrow..... so many queuing up to throw mud at them ...

They were talking about the 100,000 target yesterday and saying it was good they had picked such a high number because it galvanised people and departments. 

I was reading yesterday that in December 2019 an unusual spike in deaths had been picked up (6000) above normal for the time of year in england if this was the first indication of what was to come then the number of deaths and people being positive from the virus must be double than that that is being published, also a scientist from Iceland had evidence that the virus had been brought to his country by english tourists in January. 

If and it is an if that was the case then what with the society gatherings at Christmas plus all the sporting events the virus was well established in the UK long before it was brought to the attention of the public. 

2 hours ago, The Heron said:

I was reading yesterday that in December 2019 an unusual spike in deaths had been picked up (6000) above normal for the time of year in england if this was the first indication of what was to come then the number of deaths and people being positive from the virus must be double than that that is being published, also a scientist from Iceland had evidence that the virus had been brought to his country by english tourists in January. 

If and it is an if that was the case then what with the society gatherings at Christmas plus all the sporting events the virus was well established in the UK long before it was brought to the attention of the public. 

Given the exponential rate of the death curve without significant social distancing measures, it's difficult to see how we didn't see an explosion of deaths Jan to March if December was the initiation point.

For this reason I think the suggestion lacks credibility.