Trajectory pop quiz

Ultrastu

I asked my mate today the same question above .so he tried a shot with his air gun at 20 yds gun 90 degree to the left .

This is his target .he aimed at the circle and you see where his pellets landed Β 

IMG_20200503_200401.jpg

Arrow is upwards .for reference .

If you think about it, you set your scope so your barrel is pointing up slightly to shoot in a arc to hit a target. Turned at 90 deg to the left it's still going throw the pellet high but now left, because the gun is flat sideways gravity will pull the pellet vertically down as soon as it leaves the gun. Unless you set your scope to shoot to the rightΒ πŸ˜€

Thats the basics of it yes Β .

I havent posted the full explanation Β of how it works ./how to predict the exact aim point for your gun because it would involve a load of waffle that would bore even me .But basically if anybody is interested .you need to calculate your projectile drop from verticle at the range your shooting (not trajectory ) and then work out the primary Β sight line intersection in the absence of gravity Β .combine that with your scope hight above bore .to predict the left ward shift across the ret .

See im bored now Β .Β 

Generally though as a rough guide (for a normal rifle set up .)

As you extend the range the pellet will drop more (obviously) and shift further left .the relation ship between drop and shift is around 1:1 at 20 yds 1:1.5 Β at 30 yds and 1:2 at 40 ydsΒ 

Thanks to all that played along .

Β 

Edited by Ultrastu

Now that's been explained it seems obvious [slap forehead with hand emoji 😣] 

Now that was suggested to be in .177,,,, so would there be much difference if it was in .22 ? 😜

Also, just think of the shots you could get in to shoot [quarry] round a twig or leaf etc πŸ˜€ Only kidding πŸ˜‰

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Now that's been explained it seems obvious [slap forehead with hand emoji 😣] 

Now that was suggested to be in .177,,,, so would there be much difference if it was in .22 ? 😜

Also, just think of the shots you could get in to shoot [quarry] round a twig or leaf etc πŸ˜€ Only kidding πŸ˜‰

Still low and left of target, but I think you knew that already. ;)