Budget o/u

Holt's Auctioneers. You will have a selection of over one hundred and forty at all prices. But my advice is try a few that friends and acquaintances have....if you can...then make a shortlist, then do a Google search with the addition of the word "review" and you'll likely see all the pros and cons of the guns on your shortlist. Finally unless you want a punt then wait until after 7 June and Holt's put up what they call their "Sale of Unsold Lots" as these will be at Buy It Now so you can be sure that if you make a bid you are buying it there and then. That's my advice. 

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/searchresults.asp?pg=1&ps=25&st=D&sale_no=S0320&subs_value=21&index=view

But there's a whole lot that's best left unbid on and some ten or so that might be worth a punt....as long as you ask for an appraisal!

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=S0320+++5235+&refno=++148556&saletype=

Edited by enfieldspares

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Come on Vince, spill the beans!

Been trying to offload some guns for a member of our club who has lost his driving licence on medical grounds and his FAC is running out. No RFD locally will even take them off his hands to sell on commission.

They all say the same thing, everybody and their cousin is wanting to sell their gear at the moment but the RFDs don't want to take in a load of stuff they are going to get stuck with.

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, where is you location, ?

Hi I'm up in Northumberland, I'm getting swayed towards a Russian purdy ! I had a lovely Beretta 686 for a few years but having kids forced me to sell it, need a o/u as having to borrow a gun to go on driven days is getting difficult, can't really take my trusty old rem 1100 5 shot ! 

4 minutes ago, Glendalefarmer said:

Hi I'm up in Northumberland, I'm getting swayed towards a Russian purdy ! I had a lovely Beretta 686 for a few years but having kids forced me to sell it, need a o/u as having to borrow a gun to go on driven days is getting difficult, can't really take my trusty old rem 1100 5 shot ! 

hello, ok they are good well made shotguns and can be bought for less than your budget, just a matter of finding something suitable with 30 inch barrels, try a wanted ad on here

You know I wouldn't go with the Russian Purdey. Mate has one that's rough as nuts and proves that you can wear them out. The ejectors are that loose that one will  jump past the shell. And I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but pretty they ain't and I appreciate that they're a tool but there are nicer looking tools. 

I've an E Rizzini which are virtually being given away these days. They're 27" barrels, mine is fixed 1\4 and 1\2 I take it anywhere. 

Can't believe no one has recommended that you pm @wabbitbosher, he' ll sort you out if you have a rfd to collect if from. 

Northern Trader had a couple of Baikal O/U when I last called in a few months ago, still listed on their website, along with a Laurona (reputed to be very rust-resistant).

For those driven days, you could buy a gentleman’s gun (S/S) for half the price of an O/U.   Railton’s last sale had an Italian BLNE that appeared to be to be in very good order, sold for hammer price £60.