Budget o/u

13 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Been trying to offload some guns for a member of our club who has lost his driving licence on medical grounds and his FAC is running out. No RFD locally will even take them off his hands to sell on commission.

They all say the same thing, everybody and their cousin is wanting to sell their gear at the moment but the RFDs don't want to take in a load of stuff they are going to get stuck with.

RFD’s have been saying that for years!! 

Anyone taking a gun to them is offered absolute peanuts, and to sell on a gun on commission means they miss out on selling something else they could make money on. 

EG if they sell a new Shotgun or rifle and they make Say £200 profit on it, why would they instead sell someone else’s gun and make a few quid commission? 

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

RFD’s have been saying that for years!! 

Anyone taking a gun to them is offered absolute peanuts, and to sell on a gun on commission means they miss out on selling something else they could make money on. 

EG if they sell a new Shotgun or rifle and they make Say £200 profit on it, why would they instead sell someone else’s gun and make a few quid commission? 

Well 25% commission on what this bloke has will amount to more than a few quid but they won't even take it in.  

Apart from the obvious "one that fits" comment my vote is with Baikal.  I always thought they were like railway sleepers bolted onto a couple of scaffold poles until I tried my mates one a while back.  Cant remember exactly what he paid for it but I know it started with a 2 (250 I think) and once I got over my initial phase of taking the hit and miss and tried it I was really surprised how nicely it seemed to handle.  Single trigger, fixed chokes and didnt feel at all like I expected it to.  More to the point he's used it for everything from clays to bunnys and pigeons and cleans it once or twice a year if its lucky its never failed to go bang when required.  

I would buy one if I had any more space and use it for poor weather pigeon shooting or as a crutch if I twist my ankle when rambling over my permission (with appropriate safety check of course!)...