My first drillings

Jacko3275

Got an invite to go out today with a friend on some drilled peas I have never been on fresh drilled anything so wasn’t sure what to expect.. when we arrived at the field I was informed that the usual easterly wind was  now coming from the west and would be in our face  we set up the hides 40 yard apart with a magnet a flapper and 30 plus shell decoys . A few minutes after setting up the first bird presented its self and I duly missed ( 6 week lay off )  next in  I hit we was off and running within 30 mins we was knocking on the door of 10 .. the birds were coming in high then jinking all over as the decided  if they want to  decoy or not  at times there maybe 50 to 100 bird  but due to the wind and there hesitation they never really presented them selves but hey ho that’s pigeon shooting  much of the day was like this we took some good birds and missed some but at the end of the day we packed up with 35 picked and  good memories of a good afternoons shooting In these times 

65F25906-AC04-4E0B-BC94-32AB6FA13C05.jpeg

57E38D84-2A5B-4B35-9B01-106FABD7EAA1.jpeg

Edited by Jacko3275

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

good on you for going sounds like some nice shots were had think the rain pushed farmers into going for peas i have 17 fields of them this year but interest from the pigeons has dropped of since drilling unfortunately 

Wow 17 fields your gonna be busy when they do find them  if ye close enough and need an extra gun let me know  always willing to gain experience 

42 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Wow 17 fields your gonna be busy when they do find them  if ye close enough and need an extra gun let me know  always willing to gain experience 

if you can manage a drive to south wiltshire come harvest time i have peas and rape up that way you can have a day on if you like mate 

3 to 4 hour drive for me  but when all’s ok hopefully by harvest time I’ll find somewhere to camp and make a weekend of it cheers 👍

5 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if you can manage a drive to south wiltshire come harvest time i have peas and rape up that way you can have a day on if you like mate 

Edited by Jacko3275

2 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Bet it felt brilliant to get out after so long. Looking forward to the shotkam footage.

I was nice to get out been itching to pull the trigger ... shotkam footage I managed to record more misses than hits so there is just a few of each to  show but here it is

Would love to get out on the clays but as it is not possible at the moment Ill have to just be a bad shot 🤪

25 minutes ago, motty said:

I would suggest some practice on some clays. You looked consistently behind.

Good on you for getting out there, as crops still need protecting. 

Nice vid .just looking at some of your missed .if the dot is where your pattern lands then id say you were shooting under quite a few of those birds .If so it might be worth  putting a bit of a combe raiser on your stock .i would say about 6 mm ish its not a lot that your under .

34 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Nice vid .just looking at some of your missed .if the dot is where your pattern lands then id say you were shooting under quite a few of those birds .If so it might be worth  putting a bit of a combe raiser on your stock .i would say about 6 mm ish its not a lot that your under .

If only you could zero a shotgun like a rifle