Selling/buying guns at the moment

Just wondered how people are getting on with gun sales at the moment. 
I sold a gun 3 week ago and the lad traveled over 100 mile for it. At the time I presumed he was local. A week after I’d emailed the police about the transfer they rang to ask how the transfer was done. He was not best pleased, and then he rang the buyer up to gave him what for too. 
lucas. 

Yes its happening more and more. Last Monday I had to make a 50 mile trip round the M25 for a genuine reason because we have 90 year old family members down there and the person looking after them needed to swap cars over.

I was amazed how many cars there were on the M25 .Some would have been genuine no doubt but you do have to wonder about the rest. 

I had a gun sent RFD to RFD some six weeks ago and it's still at my frd and I won't be going for it untill this is all over and we are allowed to travel again even though I have been given the opportunity to collect should I wish to. Not worth the hastle from your f.l.o. or the police.

A friend purchased a shotgun two weeks ago while working for them. When he emailed the police they said they were going to look at his suitability to hold a licence. 

He spoke to the police and explained why he was already working at the house and they have let him off. But just goes to show they are keeping an eye on the situation. 

If I was in the market for a new gun I would put it on hold for a couple of months because I think there are going to be some good deals out soon, gun manufacturers are going to struggle to sell when we are staring down the barrel of millions out of work in the UK

3 hours ago, figgy said:

If you can show good reason like the fella working at the the house or your passing on your way to work there should be no problems.

Making a trip just to buy is a bit silly.

Don't you start telling people what to do, I am not allowed to!

My mate Gordon is into boats and he always says you can tell the state of the economy by looking round a boat yard and seeing how many are for sale. As soon things go bad the "for sale" signs start appearing.

My nephew works for a Ford main agent in the leasing dept and they have had people in tears on the phone. He is finding it very distressing and it is definitely getting to him already. My brother is worried about him, if its like this now whats it going to be like in six months?

Its definitely going to be a buyers market, boats cars guns or whatever

16 hours ago, Jaymo said:

There is often a clue as to someone’s location when your filling out their SGC !!!!!

Yes and you don’t see there certificate until there stood in front of you and it’s to late. 
before he turned up I just presumed he was from a couple of mile away. And had no thought   
about the flo picking up on it. But thinking about it today. What if he was a full time pest controller and needed it for his work. Or even just as on call from farmer pest control. I’m not saying he was. Just he could of been. obviously thinking about it now I shouldn’t of gone through with the sale. Lesson learnt. 
lucas. 

6 hours ago, Lucasnorth said:

Yes and you don’t see there certificate until there stood in front of you and it’s to late. 
before he turned up I just presumed he was from a couple of mile away. And had no thought   
about the flo picking up on it. But thinking about it today. What if he was a full time pest controller and needed it for his work. Or even just as on call from farmer pest control. I’m not saying he was. Just he could of been. obviously thinking about it now I shouldn’t of gone through with the sale. Lesson learnt. 
lucas. 

hello, yes something to remember in future after lockdown, if you have not received any notification from your FEO you maybe lucky and can continue a SGC holder, oh welcome to pigeon watch, cheers

A lot of this seems to be exaggerated (again)

I bought 2 shotguns last week and sold a rifle on Saturday as well as numerous air rifles.

I don't expect to have to explain myself to the police.

If you want to put it into perspective with distancing/lock down then the rifle was to someone losing livestock to foxes, the shotguns were from an elderly neighbour who was concerned about what might happen should he expire and the air rifles have been to people who have rat problems.

If they were asked to justify their travelling then that's their issue not mine, I've not travelled.

Edd

I put two rifles on Gunstar at more or less the same point in time that the lockdown started. I always price my guns right, and they usually sell within a week or two. This time, they have each had over 700 views, but no takers - which is totally understandable.

It's just bad timing. Once the lockdown is over, I'm sure they'll sell very quickly.  :)

I asked my RFD about a moderated gun I had made an offer on. He said strictly no deal till after lockdown and I couldn't even borrow to try. It would show on his records he had traded during lockdown and he's only allowed to sell ammo for crop protection and vermin control.

My son mentioned this (by phone) to his friend who offered me the same gun to try for a day. As he lives less than 50 yards away no travel involved. 

Moderated Perdatti .410 is louder than a Cooey unmoderated so I'll be withdrawing my offer at the RFD anyway. But the point is any sales/transfers show the dates and may put your SGC at risk.

20 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, yes something to remember in future after lockdown, if you have not received any notification from your FEO you maybe lucky and can continue a SGC holder, oh welcome to pigeon watch, cheers

Not sure what you think I did wrong to maybe lose my sgc. It wasn’t me who traveled. Granted I wouldn’t do it again during lockdown. 
land thanks for the welcome. Joined a while ago but forgot. 
lucas. 

Whilst you did not travel, you met someone who had travelled. If you knew he was from a distance, you would also know he was breaking the rules. If you didn't know where he was from or who he was, you would appear to have given the location of a shotgun to a total stranger.

I think the FLO might having difficulty with your explanation of innocence.

I'm not sure that the price of guns will be lower when we come out of this. Dealers have a lot of stock on their books which has been sat there for a while and they will need the maximum return on this to try and make at least something out of 2020. Its more likely that private sales will begin to show up with more frequency and lower pricing levels the longer this goes on. There are a few already on Guntrader and some of them are really tempting!