Shotkam Pheasants

b325

22 minutes ago, reggiegun said:

looks like some good high pheasants

Yeah they were up there.

10 minutes ago, JDog said:

Many watching will be surprised at the amount of lead you were giving some of those high gliders.

Thanks for posting.

Yea they are so much faster than the pigeons I'm used to. I tried to stretch the lead a bit more.Thanks JDog, hope your well.

3 minutes ago, redleg in kale said:

cracking birds and shooting, what load and shot size were you using ?.

Thanks . 34g no 4. 

3 minutes ago, Konnie said:

Gliding pheasant fine them hard to judge, excellent video good sporting birds. 

Thanks Konnie

Good video, smooth shooting always had the line perfect so made it hard to see just how much they were sliding and curling about. Interesting to see the second barrel consistently stretching the lead out further - to satisfying effect particularly that last bird. 

Interesting to watch. After each shot going back to the bird and if it had been a miss going back out to lead the bird for the second shot. That must be a feature of the shotcam to try and capture video of the shot bird. I think ordinarily you would hold the line of travel for the shot and be aware if the bird was hit or not as you lined up for the second shot rather than move the gun  back? Not so sure myself of what I do but I dont think I go back to the bird with the gun. Don't know because I have never filmed it. 

12 hours ago, oowee said:

After each shot going back to the bird and if it had been a miss going back out to lead the bird for the second shot. That must be a feature of the shotcam to try and capture video of the shot bird.

I've a different view.

If you're using swing through or pull away, then getting a connection with the bird is essential … therefore pulling back and going again is the only way you can maintain your technique whilst at the same time using the input from the previous shot to 'give it a bit more' … if required. 

I know I do the same.

BTW … enjoyed the video a lot.

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

I've a different view.

If you're using swing through or pull away, then getting a connection with the bird is essential … therefore pulling back and going again is the only way you can maintain your technique whilst at the same time using the input from the previous shot to 'give it a bit more' … if required. 

I know I do the same.

BTW … enjoyed the video a lot.

Agreed on all of that.

If the gun was on the wrong line it would be essential to go back to the bird, find it, then pull away from it.

21 hours ago, oowee said:

Interesting to watch. After each shot going back to the bird and if it had been a miss going back out to lead the bird for the second shot. That must be a feature of the shotcam to try and capture video of the shot bird. I think ordinarily you would hold the line of travel for the shot and be aware if the bird was hit or not as you lined up for the second shot rather than move the gun  back? Not so sure myself of what I do but I dont think I go back to the bird with the gun. Don't know because I have never filmed it. 

I don't think the shotkam alters the way I shoot. I guess because a pheasant will keep its line the same after the first shot miss, means you can go back and have another go with the second barrel. Unlike a pigeon which will usually take off on a new path after the bang. 

I often dont fire the second barrel after  a clean missed first barrel  pigeon when flightline shooting.

I think that the following the bird down thought only enters my head, when I can see I've killed it.

Interesting comment though.  I'd not thought about.

Thanks for the comments everyone. 

58 minutes ago, stockybasher said:

Probably an idiot question, as I have never used a Shotcam, but is the red point of impact dot visible to you the shooter,  as a point of aim  ??

No. You only see it in the video footage.