AIRMAX 2-7×32 AO

washerboy

hello, what are you going to use it for ? the only thing i can see different to the vantage is the airmax has a wider view through the scope, my air rifles are all 25 yards zero, i do prefer a 40 front lens but thats just me, let us know when you get your 99,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

7 minutes ago, washerboy said:

I maybe did think it could be a bit small, I just don't want a large scope on the small gun that the Hw99s is 

hello, the 99s are 41.4 inches, my FX is 44 inches with silencer and is not so bad with a 4x12x50,  if your hunting dawn and dusk a larger front lens can be an advantage, anyway its all a matter of choice, i had a HW 95 K in 177 and that was a good springer rifle, the 99s are well liked by many air rifle shooters,

I have a couple of hawke 2-7 x32 .

Older models .they have been great and sit really well on my shorter lighter guns  plenty of light and field of view .

2x is ideal for those rats and i find 7x good up to around 35 yds ..

Which on a .22 springer isnt far off max range anyway .

Its never a great idea putting huge heavy glass on top of a light weight springer. Because .when the gun goes through its firing cycle  it can tip /cant the gun the extra weight pulling it over slightly .

And as we know the pellet is still in the barrel while all this movement is going on .  .as a spring uncompresses it also twists somewhat giving a torsion through the gun .this is easily controlled with a low height , light weight scope .that monster on top will make it worse .

Food for thought .

Edited by Ultrastu

I have four of these on sitting on both springers and PCP's.  BSA Mercury "S", Diana 34, Daystate Regal and a HW 80. 

The big advantage is the light weight !

Four things to consider: 

1) Check the eye relief and make sure you get a good picture. I'd suggest you offer one up on your gun of choice. Some folk find it hard to get the distance right. I haven't experienced this on any of the guns i've put them on.

2) The reticle is very fine. Doesn't suit everyone. I think it's great (obviously). 

3) Go for a two piece mount. I'm not sure whether Hawke actually make a one piece mount. I don't shoot a HW99 i'd check to see if it has holes - arrestor holes.

4) Don't rule out a vantage. They're good and about eighty quid cheaper than the Airmax.

Never had any issues with any of mine. Simple and straightforward to use. Would i recommend them? Yes definitely !

Edited by Whitebridges

4 hours ago, Cheshirelad said:

I have a Hawke 2-7x32 AO scope, but I very rarely use it. The quality is great, and it focuses down to a few feet, which is great for rats etc, but overall I don't think it's an ideal vermin scope (apart from rats).

Everyone has an opinion. I'd disagree i'm afraid to say. Sub 12 ft lbs out to 35 yards they're perfect. For longer shots at vermin i use different tools. 

Looking at the context of the OP's post he's looking to put a scope on a HW 99 which is hardly a cannon or long range gun. Or is it??     

Edited by Whitebridges

hello, its not realy about the rifle its getting the right magnification against the size of front lens to what you shooting eg target or vermin

14 hours ago, washerboy said:

No idea, I havnt bought a scope or the gun yet. 

hello, ah you said that before ??? well i wear glasses most of the time but my scopes have extra diopter adjustments, when you get your 99 and scope i can let you know what i do, have done same on my Pard 019 night vision,  these have no diopter adjustment and i like many are using a camera filter magnification lens like 2X 4X i have 4 X on the pard and a 30mm 2 X on my scope, an ebay purchase 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper