New bed.

This is the door to an old house I tore down.  I framed it in with wood from the house also.  PU6ZoKF.jpg

This night stand is from the same wood. And drawers are from the kitchen.  My wife is really into the old farm house stuff. I’m more into sleek and modern but I’m kinda ugly so I just build what I’m told.  

aBckJaj.jpg

This is one I built for my wife’s friend that saw hers and had to have one.  OMk1DvV.jpg

I made wall flags with the wood also.  This is my North Carolina flag. 0tcsROL.jpg

4 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

@NoBodyImportant thanks for sharing that pal, I really like that and that's what the missus is after too.

What timber did you use for the base?

Then base is a store bought adjustable base.  The head board is screwed to the wall and isn’t attached to the base.  She likes to raise the head up to read at night.  

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Then base is a store bought adjustable base.  The head board is screwed to the wall and isn’t attached to the base.  She likes to raise the head up to read at night.  

Ahh ok, it's the base that's had it on mine. We both end up in the middle by the morning 😂 

2 hours ago, old man said:

Beware bud, Ikea matresses tend to increase the population I have been told?

I'll avoid IKEA at all costs then 😂

2 hours ago, washerboy said:

Loads of adverts on social media. 

Some are very impressive 

Yeah she had a message from a bespoke kitchen fitter last night who said he could do it, but 'bespoke' translates as 'expensive'. 

I'm pretty confident if I took my time and got her indoors to do all the heavy lifting+ sanding I could do it lol just need to find some suitable plans so I can weight it up.

36 minutes ago, tignme said:

Google a guy called Matthius Wandell. he has a video how to make abed.. Ive made two based on his.

Wonderful, thank you.

26 minutes ago, old man said:

It's either that or the Vets mate. 😆

I'll pass on the vets, took my cat and he never meowed the same afterwards.

56 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

@team tractor is your man. He makes some very tidy stuff. Ocassionally some things may have the odd red stain but that just adds character 😉

54 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Spoils his ability to count too!

I don't know i don't know if I'd forgive myself if he lost a part of he's anatomy because of me 😂.

I did think of asking him but I think distance would be an issue.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Spoils his ability to count too!

Why did I laugh 😂 

2 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

@team tractor is your man. He makes some very tidy stuff. Ocassionally some things may have the odd red stain but that just adds character 😉

It sands out 😀😀

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

I don't know i don't know if I'd forgive myself if he lost a part of he's anatomy because of me 😂.

I did think of asking him but I think distance would be an issue.

I can sort anything even if it’s just the timber . I can chuck it through the 4 sided plane to a size you want ? 
im Tamworth staffs 

51 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Why did I laugh 😂 

It sands out 😀😀

I can sort anything even if it’s just the timber . I can chuck it through the 4 sided plane to a size you want ? 
im Tamworth staffs 

Thank you for the offer 👍

If I can find a design she likes I'll drop you a pm if that's ok with you?