Browning 525 laminate chokes and info please

Chewuup

13 minutes ago, Chewuup said:

Looking for 1/2 ( modifed) extended choke for my 525 laminate think they are midas chokes 

Thank you 

Scott 

P.s

It's a 32" I have a set of 1/4 chokes in do you think it will make much of a difference 

NO.

Once your have a choke to some degree it will create a pattern. The question then is whether the clay you are shooting will be 'missed', or find a gap, in that pattern. In practice very few clays need more that a 1/4 or 1/2 - only those few, edge on, at 35 yards plus. So stick with the 1/4 chokes and keep shooting until you have built your own mental picture. You will miss more with a tight choke that you will with one which is 'wider' than you initially think you need. A lot shoot 3/8 and 5/8 and the 5/8 is there for show - me included.

Added - The barrel length is irrelevant above 24 inches.

Edited by Adrian Foster

My 525 laminate came with 4 midas chokes cylinder 1/4 1/2 3/4 as standard, 3/8 midas is quite scarce in this country, pattern test the chokes as they seem to pattern a bit tighter than normal invector plus, I use skeet and 1/4 normally 

Midas are invector plus , I may have one in mod I’ll have a look 

Midas we’re the standard choke that came  with the Ultra XS prior to the titanium chokes supplied with the ultra prestige and ultra Pro 

Midas seem as good as any, I’ve got a full set of Teague ported chokes and apart from reduction in muzzle flip from the porting I don’t notice any difference in pattern from my Midas chokes (Teague look nice though ;) )

Edited by sishyplops