FINE COD & CHIPS .

lancer425

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

Just the unnecessary travel, if these stories are true I believe that the car or bike you travelled on should be confiscated,  crush a few cars on the 6 o clock news and I'm sure that would drive the message home.

Thank God you don't define public / legislative policy 🙄

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Thank God you don't define public / legislative policy 🙄

Quick search rochdale to whitby 108 miles each way, last time I looked the rule was no unnecessary travel? Yes or no?

How is the virus still spreading,  muppets are doing 200 odd mile road trips for chips, they were probably just enjoying a nice ride out on quiet roads but why should they?

If the government made an example of a few then others would take note, people aren't staying home because they want to.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Quick search rochdale to whitby 108 miles each way, last time I looked the rule was no unnecessary travel? Yes or no?

How is the virus still spreading,  muppets are doing 200 odd mile road trips for chips, they were probably just enjoying a nice ride out on quiet roads but why should they?

If the government made an example of a few then others would take note, people aren't staying home because they want to.

Exactly no unnecessary travel 

anyone issued with a ticket/fine should have a tag fitted

not as radical as crushing there vehicles 

its not hard to stay indoors 

Just now, Mice! said:

Yes, bang to rights, and they should be fined - but confiscating their bikes / scrapping them, get a grip.

The virus is still spreading because it's here and that's what viruses do.

They broke the rules and what they did was wrong, but assuming they themselves were infected how many people could they have infected in the 200 mile ride? Similarly how many could have infected them? Fill up at the petrol station maybe. People are buying food across the counter all over the country so once there what contribution to infect are they making / risking.

To be clear I'm not defending them, just don't get the over reaction.

We're coming out of lock down soon anyway so this kind of thing won't be news for much longer hopefully.

Just now, Old farrier said:

Exactly no unnecessary travel 

anyone issued with a ticket/fine should have a tag fitted

not as radical as crushing there vehicles 

its not hard to stay indoors 

That would probably represent greater risk of infection than the ride 🙄

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

They broke the rules and what they did was wrong, but assuming they themselves were infected how many people could they have infected in the 200 mile ride? Similarly how many could have infected them? Fill up at the petrol station maybe. People are buying food across the counter all over the country so once there what contribution to infect are they making / risking.

So where is the difference between them having a ride out and a family of 5 going for a drive to Wales? 

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I've seen loads of stories like this, had the authorities have come down hard on the first offenders people wouldn't be going for jollies 6 weeks into a lockdown. 

Would you want to be going into work Monday knowing your work colleagues were flouting the lockdown?

Meant to add, I'm sure the Germans weren't going on 200 mile road trips while areas were on lockdown. 

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Yes, bang to rights, and they should be fined - but confiscating their bikes / scrapping them, get a grip.

The virus is still spreading because it's here and that's what viruses do.

We're coming out of lock down soon anyway so this kind of thing won't be news for much longer hopefully.

That would probably represent greater risk of infection than the ride 🙄

Well they could be taking the virus from Rochdale to Whitby 

they probably would have sat on a bench on the seafront eating the chips possibly picking up or depositing the virus 

as for risk putting on a tag 

we shall go for a wristband type that way they could probably put it on themselves Properly or Go to option 1

bikes seized and walk home obviously spreading the virus all the way back 

why should they have a jolly especially if they have been furloughed (paid to stay at home) 

Just now, Mice! said:

So where is the difference between them having a ride out and a family of 5 going for a drive to Wales? 

5 is 2.5 more than 2, that's the difference in simple terms.

Just now, Mice! said:

I've seen loads of stories like this, had the authorities have come down hard on the first offenders people wouldn't be going for jollies 6 weeks into a lockdown. 

How do you actually know that?

Just now, Mice! said:

Would you want to be going into work Monday knowing your work colleagues were flouting the lockdown?

Doesn't affect me but it wouldn't be top of my list of concerns. Safer to assume everyone else is infected and act accordingly.

Just now, Mice! said:

Meant to add, I'm sure the Germans weren't going on 200 mile road trips while areas were on lockdown. 

How are you sure about this? Are you in regular contact with lots of German family, friends or colleagues?

I know the Germans have had, by and large, the same experience as most of us around all this and the one I spoke to this morning said people are fed up with the restrictions and stretching the rules.

Just now, Old farrier said:

Well they could be taking the virus from Rochdale to Whitby 

they probably would have sat on a bench on the seafront eating the chips possibly picking up or depositing the virus 

as for risk putting on a tag 

we shall go for a wristband type that way they could probably put it on themselves Properly or Go to option 1

bikes seized and walk home obviously spreading the virus all the way back 

why should they have a jolly especially if they have been furloughed (paid to stay at home) 

Sorry but I can't, all the best!

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

But if they can take a trip out then so can others?

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

How are you sure about this? Are you in regular contact with lots of German family, friends or colleagues?

I know the Germans have had, by and large, the same experience as most of us around all this and the one I spoke to this morning said people are fed up with the restrictions and stretching the rules.

I'm only going off what I've read that the Germans abide by the rules, they have tested and done things differently and had a lot less deaths than the UK, and I'm sure everyone is fed up with lockdown,  so should we all just head out for a drive on Friday?

It doesn't matter "if" things are being relaxed on Monday anyway.

39 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But if they can take a trip out then so can others?

I'm only going off what I've read that the Germans abide by the rules, they have tested and done things differently and had a lot less deaths than the UK, and I'm sure everyone is fed up with lockdown,  so should we all just head out for a drive on Friday?

It doesn't matter "if" things are being relaxed on Monday anyway.

What is your source of the notion that Germans abide by rules better than us?

32 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ah anyone tried getting a sunbed on holiday

Their not in Germany then though😉

34 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What is your source of the notion that Germans abide by rules better than us?

I've read several things about how they have done track and trace with lots of testing.  Just now on the news they said Germany is re opening shops restaurants and the Bundesliga ( behind closed doors) with the caveat that if the infection rate goes over a certain amount then areas will re impose restrictions.

Do you think that would work here?

https://www.quora.com/Do-Germans-in-particular-like-rules-and-discipline

There was a documentary on a few years ago showing how Germans are in work, compared to the attitude in the UK it was quite shocking,  but I can't think what it was called.

I'm sure most of the UK has followed the lockdown,  probably better than the authorities expected,  but muppets going hundreds of miles out of their way deserve more than a £60 fine.

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’s only nice because I made it that way 

and as I’ve been working I haven’t had time to sit in it 

I'm sure both statements are true. However the point I'm making is that some of us don't have a garden to sit in, and not everyone has work they can do. Being quite the introvert the isolation doesn't overly bother me but  even I'm becoming fed up of staring at my walls.  When choice is taken away then suddenly things can become much more difficult and stressful.

4 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I'm sure both statements are true. However the point I'm making is that some of us don't have a garden to sit in, and not everyone has work they can do. Being quite the introvert the isolation doesn't overly bother me but  even I'm becoming fed up of staring at my walls.  When choice is taken away then suddenly things can become much more difficult and stressful.

I understand your point and the problem that comes with it 

it’s not much fun working inside the guidelines and protocols at the moment considerably more difficult and very stressful however it has to be done 

at least the forum gives you a bit of light relief 

all the best 

of 

6 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I understand your point and the problem that comes with it 

it’s not much fun working inside the guidelines and protocols at the moment considerably more difficult and very stressful however it has to be done 

at least the forum gives you a bit of light relief 

all the best 

of 

:good:

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

No, 5 is half of 2. If we are counting households, which is how the lockdown is being worked. 

43 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

It's easy to have that opinion when you have a nice garden to sit in.

That is true. 

OF I didn’t mean to in anyway disagree with yourself. I am just aware that I have a lovely garden, which like yourself I have built and nurtured, but a lecturer I know lives in a city centre apartment with small children and she is finding it very hard.  However to my knowledge she hasn’t decided to go on any 100mile trips for fish and chips. 

3 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

OF I didn’t mean to in anyway disagree with yourself. I am just aware that I have a lovely garden, which like yourself I have built and nurtured, but a lecturer I know lives in a city centre apartment with small children and she is finding it very hard.  However to my knowledge she hasn’t decided to go on any 100mile trips for fish and chips. 

Not a problem 👍

I meet many clients from different walks of life that live in many different types of accommodation so see the effect it has on them 

one lives in a isolated cottages with a cycle track adjacent 

you would think idyllic (she did ) until the lockdown and the hours exercise a day now 

she’s frightened to go out the door as the footfall has risen from 8 or 10 a day to 104 a hour 

she’s sat with a clicker counting them (nothing else to do) 

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

I've read several things about how they have done track and trace with lots of testing.  Just now on the news they said Germany is re opening shops restaurants and the Bundesliga ( behind closed doors) with the caveat that if the infection rate goes over a certain amount then areas will re impose restrictions.

Do you think that would work here?

https://www.quora.com/Do-Germans-in-particular-like-rules-and-discipline

There was a documentary on a few years ago showing how Germans are in work, compared to the attitude in the UK it was quite shocking,  but I can't think what it was called.

I'm sure most of the UK has followed the lockdown,  probably better than the authorities expected,  but muppets going hundreds of miles out of their way deserve more than a £60 fine.

Testing has been the key differentiator for the Germans, they have been manufacturing the tests locally hence the reason they could scale so quickly.

I see no reason why the same approach would not have worked here but it seems to me the track and trace app in the UK is not predicated on testing like the German approach, although I could be wrong.

One other advantage is that they are ruled by federal govt but the individual states are powerful and can therefore create different lockdown rules and the public are used to complying with state rules, so it works better than it would here. A county council are just administrative here in the UK really, no separate powers of law as such.

I don't really have too much more to say on the fish and chips story to be honest. We all have our opinions and it's OK to beg to differ.

53 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

No, 5 is half of 2. If we are counting households, which is how the lockdown is being worked. 

You lost me, I know households of 1, do they not even count then.

And, btw, 5 is only half of 2 when very large values of 2 are involved...