Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
REDINGTON

PELLPAX

Recommended Posts

Has anyone heard from them lately, they don't appear to be answering calls or emails but still taking orders, and it would seem attracting  much  negative press online.  I would like to give them support in these troubled times but am reluctant to do so if they are not going to fulfill orders.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend ordered 2 air rifles for his kids a week before lock down, had to chase the order, then the wrong rifles turned up, the courier realised to took them away again.

Think he is still waiting for his goods now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stick with your local dealer , support them , I know it’s maybe a little cheaper online but it’s even more important when these restrictions are lifted  to support local business’s , I love calling in having a natter and a wander round , miss it ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Stick with your local dealer , support them , I know it’s maybe a little cheaper online but it’s even more important when these restrictions are lifted  to support local business’s , I love calling in having a natter and a wander round , miss it ! 

They are local to me, [ten-fifteen minutes away] but they still don't answer emails or answer the phone, they seem to still be taking orders and cash from people, but people are reporting them to various reviews, trustpilot etc, as having waited months in some cases and not getting either goods ordered or explanations as to whats going on. 

the shop is closed due to cv19 apparently.

I recall the last time the old Pellpax went under and then resurfaced under a slightly different name.

I hope this isn't the case this time, the guys at the shop are a pretty good bunch of helpful enthusiasts.

Edited by REDINGTON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Stick with your local dealer , support them , I know it’s maybe a little cheaper online but it’s even more important when these restrictions are lifted  to support local business’s , I love calling in having a natter and a wander round , miss it ! 

100% agree. I use Solware and as soon as your face appears there is the offer of a coffee, always there and willing to try and sort problems for you and a wealth of knowledge on tap.

I am sure there are numerous similar dealers around the country at the moment the same just wishing they could sell you something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trying to cancel an order with them at the moment and not getting response. To be fair they did put a checkbox on the order page to indicate that you accept the order may not be fulfilled till after the lockdown. Unfortunately that appeared the day after I placed my order....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

I’m trying to cancel an order with them at the moment and not getting response. To be fair they did put a checkbox on the order page to indicate that you accept the order may not be fulfilled till after the lockdown. Unfortunately that appeared the day after I placed my order....

online orders seem to go through,  and online payments.

  but the phone and email orders cant be happening as they are never answered. 

here's a few scenarios from previous incarnations,, in no particular order,

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/pellpax-anyone-had-any-problems-with-them.163049/page-2

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/umarexboysclubforum/is-pellpax-still-trading-t2118.html

https://shooting-the-breeze.com/threads/pellpax.18151/

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/pellpex.190165/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, super. Now I’ll be worrying all night. Once again lack of impulse control lets me down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Oh, super. Now I’ll be worrying all night. Once again lack of impulse control lets me down.

sorry 'bout that, but as  they say,   "forewarned is forearmed"

let us know how you get on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2020 at 19:27, REDINGTON said:

online orders seem to go through,  and online payments.

  but the phone and email orders cant be happening as they are never answered. 

here's a few scenarios from previous incarnations,, in no particular order,

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/pellpax-anyone-had-any-problems-with-them.163049/page-2

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/umarexboysclubforum/is-pellpax-still-trading-t2118.html

https://shooting-the-breeze.com/threads/pellpax.18151/

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/pellpex.190165/

 

Please fill in your profile REDINGTON 

Where are you from:    Please do this.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I bought a cheap air rifle a few years ago, first cock the spring snapped inside.

contacted them, was offered for them to collect and repair. It took them over a week to pick it up, a month later still no word on condition. I forget the amount of calls to them, now we were up to 2 months.

Finally got them to issue a refund, it took another 6 weeks for the money to show, I had to phone numerous times, every time they promised it had been done there and then. It was like pulling teeth dealing with them, never ever again will I use that company.

Edited by R1nut
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a response for the refund request after a couple of emails, it’s being processed. So I haven’t seen the money yet.

I think they just have too much work at the moment rather than anything sinister (famous last words). Would be worth them suspending the website ordering for a while to allow them to catch up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Got a response for the refund request after a couple of emails, it’s being processed. So I haven’t seen the money yet.

I think they just have too much work at the moment rather than anything sinister (famous last words). Would be worth them suspending the website ordering for a while to allow them to catch up.

spoke to a mate today, he's waiting too apparently,, 

and he just sent me this, he said pellpax sent it directly to him.

 

 

Dear Reader,
Whilst the government, banks, and other financial institutions are supporting businesses through the covid-19 pandemic, one company is doing the opposite: PayPal.

PayPal is withholding more than £100,000 from us – money which has been paid by you for goods that you have ordered from us.

With record sales at a time of reduced staff levels, our business has been running more slowly, with an approximate 5-week (rather than 2-week) delivery forecast. As a result, we’ve had an increased number of refunds to process. Naturally, we keep a reserve in our PayPal account for refunds.

Several weeks ago, PayPal put a stop on our account. There was a balance of between £15,000 and £20,000, reserved for refunds.

I submitted everything I was asked for, including bank statements, to prove to PayPal that my company was in good financial health.

Because of the pandemic, normal service was somewhat disrupted – staff were working from home; there were no hotels open for our delivery drivers etc – but our bank statements provided proof that we were not in any difficulty.

For the next few weeks, I received little communication from PayPal:
 

xxxxxxx@paypal.com>

Mon 27/04/2020 10:57

Hi Darren,

I completely understand that this is a very frustrating situation for you. I promise I am doing everything in my power to get this resolved for you and worked by the team involved as soon as possible. I have been advised this morning that there should be an update by tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks

K
 

xxxxxxxx@paypal.com>

Fri 01/05/2020 10:14

Hi Darren,

I know it is very frustrating but the team is working on it for you. I have to wait until I get an update.

Thanks

K
 

xxxxxxxx@paypal.com>

Tue 05/05/2020 14:31

Hi Darren,

I have been working on this all day for you and have been advised that your limitation has just been removed.

You will receive an email from the team shortly.

Thanks

K
 

But the limitation had not been lifted. The account had reached a balance of £100,000, and that £100,000 was blocked off and frozen.

Whenever we tried to pay a refund, PayPal took the money from our bank account, using the money from customers who had paid by other methods (card, bacs etc) to refund customers who had paid by PayPal.

So, we turned the payment gateway off, to prevent further orders being paid for through PayPal. We can neither access the £100,000 to buy stock, nor can we refund it to our customers.

Had PayPal told me, at the beginning, what they planned, I could have turned our payment gateway off, and never taken those orders.

In the middle of this economic crisis, PayPal have become the biggest threat to the company’s survival.

Here is the proof that our account is on hold. Note: the balance is now over £110,000. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
So, this is our situation:
  1. We cannot process your order.
  2. We cannot access the funds you sent to PayPal.
  3. We cannot refund you.
And I’m very sorry to say that in order to get your money back, you’ll need to contact PayPal.

Please note that my company is not the only victim of PayPal’s actions. They have a very low score on Trustpilot, and the reviews tell a story similar to our own, here are a few of them.
 
https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5ea2c1dc086b6409543ef5cc
 
https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5e9ec26d086b6409bc898cd4 
 
https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5eb2b92f25e5d20a888e2c66  
 
https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5eaea53a086b64095446a611  
 
https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5e9f2642086b6409bc89f984
 
https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5eb73fff25e5d20a88912b1f
 
My company’s reputation is being destroyed on social media and review sites because of this. I just hope that what I’ve shared with you demonstrates that the problem lies with PayPal.
 
Obviously, if you do get your money back, and still want to order your goods from us, then we’ll take other methods of payment. I understand that you may feel reluctant to do so. The damage this has caused will take years to repair.
 
I could easily have avoided all of this if PayPal had just told us on day one what they intended to do, instead of fobbing me off, over many weeks, with promises … while they continued to take your money.
 
I wish you the very best of luck, and I hope that we will all see our money again.
 
Kind Regards,
Darren Kirk.
M.D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id be looking for a lawsuit if i was pellpax. They have a habit of freezing money without warning. ********* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

seems like pellpax have been aware of this problem for some time, but kept quiet until now,  and they are still taking money for stuff they haven't got, and if account has been frozen aren't likely to get deliveries of new stock now the word is out, maybe there will be some resignations in the pipeline, won't be the first time.  wonder what the "new" company will be called.

it it possible the amounts required to refund everyone exceeds the amounts paypal has frozen. 

Edited by REDINGTON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bums. I paid by credit card so I don’t know if I still get it back from them.

That PayPal info isn’t on Facebook or their website, so I wonder if they only sent it to people that paid by PayPal. I hope I get my money back and promise I’ll never buy on a whim ever again!

Edited by SpringDon
More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

Bums. I paid by credit card so I don’t know if I still get it back from them.

That PayPal info isn’t on Facebook or their website, so I wonder if they only sent it to people that paid by PayPal. I hope I get my money back and promise I’ll never buy on a whim ever again!

You will be covered by your credit card company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big relief,  got a refund. I can sympathise with the company having too many orders and not enough staff but I would have not been any where near as panicky had they not taken all the money as soon as my order went in.
Maybe taking the money just before dispatch and/or temporarily shutting the website would mitigate some of the comments they are receiving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Big relief,  got a refund. I can sympathise with the company having too many orders and not enough staff but I would have not been any where near as panicky had they not taken all the money as soon as my order went in.
Maybe taking the money just before dispatch and/or temporarily shutting the website would mitigate some of the comments they are receiving.

good for you,  

the bad feeling and widespread condemnation of pellpax and paypal is gaining momentum daily, I think there will be a number who may not be so fortunate.

Its also becoming common knowledge there have been problems in the past not necessarily connected to cv-19 or paypal.

glad I stayed clear now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...