Jack Pyke Countryman Gilet Fleece

old man

1 hour ago, old man said:

The fleece on mine seems like a magnet for every bit of carp that exists, never ever had a fleece like this before.

They must have changed, my work fleeces are the same. One wear and they look terrible. But that is one thing my JP or Schoeffel don't do 

4 hours ago, old man said:

The fleece on mine seems like a magnet for every bit of carp that exists, never ever had a fleece like this before.

Same for mine, didn’t take any time for it to look like junk, the material all piled up.  However it was free as I ‘won’ it for ST letter of the week so at 40p for a stamp it is worth what I paid for it 

5 hours ago, old man said:

Very strange how the ends of the fleece strands on mine seem all frayed and waiting to collect anything that goes near it. Very poor quality material!

Honestly, for the few quid price difference I think percussion is of a lot better quality all round, not just the gilets but all the clothing I've picked up.

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Honestly, for the few quid price difference I think percussion is of a lot better quality all round, not just the gilets but all the clothing I've picked up.

I only ever bought this one fleece, from them, never again,

I have had £10 jobs that have never attracted stuff like this one.

1 minute ago, old man said:

No I haven't brought anything else either, I know what you mean about the way they pick up fluff etc. 

My missus's brought a long sleeve blue one and a wine coloured gilet too, the wine one wasn't so bad for fluff showing. 

I think most of the jack pyke range does give reasonable value for money but you don't have to spend a great deal elsewhere on other brands to get better quality. I'm a big fan of verney carron too, especially the shirts.

Strange, my JP fleece Gilet is fine, no QC or Floof-magnet issues so far.

15 hours ago, PPP said:

However it was free as I ‘won’ it for ST letter of the week so at 40p for a stamp it is worth what I paid for it 

You could've saved yourself the 40p you know, they accept letters via email 😁

I won the Browning fleece jacket for the ST letter of the week - which retails for about £100.  It's very good, but I wouldn't ever have stuck my hand in my pocket that deep.

20 minutes ago, old man said:

The green keepers coat has been superb, on it's 7th season.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one Jan 19, this zip was knackered within 3/4 months, sent in back a same happened to replacement. Just ordered an Aigle off eBay so will see what’s it’s like. My guess is the zip on the Jack Pyke is Chinese, probably the entire garment. It’s time we all stopped buying Chinese made gear!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have to report excellent customer service from TH White's ebay company and Thatchreed the distributor, thank you.

New one on way and a paid return for the old one to be examined.

What's not to like, customer service as it should be.

Use percussion. 

Found JP absolutely ****. Bought two shirts they were like tissue paper and the buttons started falling off before I even took the packaging off... send them straight back never even tried them on. 

Some of their game Bags etc seem to be ok but their clothing is awful.