Rangefinder Kaput! Any recommendations?

7daysinaweek

My budget rangefinder stated playing up when I checked it out from the back garden a week ago, the display had faded and some elements of the display not showing. I got new batteries today and it is defunct as ever. I bought it new off the fleabay about 4 years ago for around the £100 mark so has not been overly expensive. Any recommendations for spending to the £150 mark. Will be used for the rimmy and the big rifle.

atb

7diaw

2 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

My budget rangefinder stated playing up when I checked it out from the back garden a week ago, the display had faded and some elements of the display not showing. I got new batteries today and it is defunct as ever. I bought it new off the fleabay about 4 years ago for around the £100 mark so has not been overly expensive. Any recommendations for spending to the £150 mark. Will be used for the rimmy and the big rifle.

atb

7diaw

Sorry i can not recomend a firm to take it too, But no doubt some one else here will have advice on who to take it too.

But what i will say is if you have had it 4 years and at that price. It might be impractical to get it repaired. It might just be the right time to move on, and look for a new or another replacement. You could soon get to the price of a lower priced or used suitable replacement, unless yours is fixed very simply indeed.

I have a Leica LRF 800 i have had it about 20 years now its still working fine. not sure what a used one of those would cost, but mine has been very reliable.

Edited by lancer425