Can you ID a small van/ small wheels/ high ground clearance/ box shape/ lower front/ ??

We used to have them at work....forgot about that. Also,the Bedford rascals are the same vehicle

i think the joiner I mentioned has the newer version

the old ones were no good if you are over about 5'9" as the roof is low and you have to slump in the seat to see through windscreen. Also seat position is fixed and quite uncomfortable

the really early ones were same as in the Sooty show. The only reason we had them was my late father saw an advert that said "£2000 discount if you trade in a working vehicle" so we towed the knacked vans to just around here he corner from the dealership then 'limped' it around the corner in clouds of smoke

Just googled them .....I think the joiners is a Suzuki Carry ( NOT Super Carry )

3 minutes ago, KronKron said:

ANy idea on the age of the van ? or the size of the van?

I know you said its a newish, daf type but if its an older/smaller van it could be something like a Renault Kangoo 4x4 as they still look relatively new style.

15-500x318.jpg

hello, thanks to reply, sorry no i only caught a glimpse of the small van like i described, the DAF was a sign on the back window,

2 hours ago, Docleo said:

Mitsubishi Delica?

hello, thanks to reply, no such luck, think of a box on wheels, i think it was a Citroen Visa type, this looked quite new so i will see if anything like it you can buy today, i just like the higher chassis so i can use in the fields

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thanks to reply, no such luck, think of a box on wheels, i think it was a Citroen Visa type, this looked quite new so i will see if anything like it you can buy today, i just like the higher chassis so i can use in the fields

hello, thanks all those who replied, nearest i could see was an old style caddy van or the polo van around 1995

1 hour ago, Fishing Richie said:

Could it have been an LDV Cub which was a re badged Nissan Vanette.

You sat over the engine and it was quite noisy inside the cab

I had one as a hire vehicle from work a few times.

hello, thanks but it was shorter and more box type, i am sure will see one again, but my oldy Terios keeps going, it was just an idea i thought might change to a van next time