Old HW77

Dougy

I recently bought a HW77 from a guy on here, it wasn't too bad really considering it was 34 years old. The Stock had a few dents in as could be expected through 30 odd years of use and had a split the full length of the front part of the stock virtually dead center (probably had no idea before it was sold), and the bluing was looking a bit on the tired side. 

Any way, a full strip down, polished the internals, striped the stock, a good soaking in hot water, re-stained then passed it over to Darren and Steph at Midcounties Blacking to give it the final touches,:rolleyes: well they have got to have all the credit really. 

This is what i picked up today, 

20200507_173740_copy_800x450.jpg

20200507_171642_copy_800x450.jpg

20200507_171608_copy_800x450_1.jpg

Stunning! - I remember these coming out many, many years ago. I was "king of the hill" among our shooting community with my HW80 that would  shoot the heads off Roses in my neighbours garden with ease (bless him - he never realised) when a friend that I went to school with turned up one day with the 77 - weighed a ton but it was soooo accurate, I borrowed it a couple of days later and shot 13 Rabbits in under an hour which was brilliant until I tried carrying them home on my Motorbike! So many fond memories around this gun and I am so glad that you took the time to put pictures up - Enjoy it - if it gives you half the pleasure that it gave me then it is, indeed, priceless.

Edited by bruno22rf

12 hours ago, matone said:

Bought a 77K from Bulmers in York ,best air rifle I`ve ever owned,deadly accurate. Gone now ,along with the much missed Bulmer`s gun shop!!!

12 hours ago, matone said:

Bought a 77K from Bulmers in York ,best air rifle I`ve ever owned,deadly accurate. Gone now ,along with the much missed Bulmer`s gun shop!!!

That brings back some memories, Bulmers, if they hadn't got it it hadn't been made.

Can we stop giving it the 'old's title as it just reinforces the fact I'm getting older!? 😄

Bought mine in 1987 so it has a few battle scars now but it's still in regular use putting out a couple of decimals under 12ft lbs. It is very heavy with the scope and moderator but all the time I still have the strength to lift it I'll keep it. 

Aye up the old english teachers are out and about. 

I have put some punctuation marks below, please use as you feel fit these are left over from a few of my previous posts. 

,.,., ., ..,,., ., ., !! ?'''' ,., 

Anyway,  put a few pellets through it this afternoon, its a good un. :good:

It was nothing to do with spelling, he complimented your gun. You post was changed to "the best springer" from what you wrote which was "one of the best". 

There was no punctuation correction, no criticism of language just a back handed compliment. 

I suspect it may be the last. 

13 hours ago, redial said:

Another big mistake of mine selling my 77. Full length, really looked nice. I even sold it for less than the going price.

My 1st cost £89 new. The 80s where £99. Thats goung back a while.