New toys.

My cousin asked me to ride around to the powersport dealers to get out of the house a little since we are both out of work.   Two impulse buys later we own these things.  I went with the Honda since they are built here in the Carolinas and he bought the CanAm.  I never really messed with them before but they seem fun. HMfgSRe.jpgIkiAKbx.jpg

The wife was pretty cool with it.  She rolled her eyes and said that I have spent more on dumber stuff.  But she is looking up lift kits  and other stuff already so I think she is as into it as I am.  I actually live around a **** ton of BLM Off road trails. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

36 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Any trouble with it?  I know they have a good reputation.  

A few punctures (no spare ) other than that it’s good top speed about 60 mph 

with perfect hindsight I should have bought the doors and a heater 

but I bought a flail mower instead 😊

DF2D026E-AC1E-4DC5-96E5-AD9E89F4548E.jpeg

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Finally got it home.  It was 10pm when the delivery driver pulled up.  It’s two inches to wide for my trailer so I reckon I’m trailer shopping tomorrow.  

Never mind all the modern tinware, please tell us about the older black car, presumably 1930s, in the background of your photo.

14 hours ago, McSpredder said:

Never mind all the modern tinware, please tell us about the older black car, presumably 1930s, in the background of your photo.

That’s a old 1930 ford business coup.  It’s all original (or replaced with OEM) except the brakes are hydraulic from a 1934 car.  The 1928-31 fords used a mechanical braking system and relied more on hopeful wishing then mechanical force to stop. It was my fathers but he lost interest in it.  He blew out his back and had to get rods put in and he can work on it anymore. 1zHw3Qh.jpg

LabIH3g.jpg

sKaszpa.jpg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

48 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

That’s a old 1930 ford business coup.  It’s all original (or replaced with OEM) except the brakes are hydraulic from a 1934 car.  The 1928-31 fords used a mechanical braking system and relied more on hopeful wishing then mechanical force to stop. It was my fathers but he lost interest in it.  He blew out his back and had to get rods put in and he can work on it anymore. 

Many thanks for the info.   That could make rather a nice vehicle in which to go shooting -- the luggage  compartment looks big enough to hold a few guns + ammo, there is obviously lots of ground clearance, and the high seating position and near-vertical windscreen must provide good all round visibility (some characteristics shared with the L/Rover).   Your comments about mechanical braking systems remind me of the pre-war cars that I drove around the farm as a child, and the hydraulic brakes on my 1962 BMC Minivan were not much better.

Nice to see you have a proper off roader in the drive as well:good:

Honda cannot ship the smaller model UTV  50 500 ????  of the one you have, something about homologation  EU rules, but that looks a really handy little machine, for getting into tight corners.  I had a Honda  ATV 25yrs ago and it was a great machine solid reliable.

Just for info.

Americans alter words to suit their language, and in the process, lose the original meaning.  "Coup" is a good example.  Back in the day, the "go faster" boys used to shorten a car, do away with the second set of doors, and put their own version of a "fast back" on it , and call it a coupe. With an acute accent on the E.  Its a french word meaning "Chopped".  Which is also where the word "chopper" comes from.

Just saying.