Childhood activity memories.

Dave-G

So digging over the planting out area for some sweetcorn today I happened to cut through a worm. I remembered that father told me not to worry about broken worms when I was helping him plant seed spuds by shovel because they become two worms - I was so trusting then. :oops: 

I also remember that at a much younger age I used to eat worms outside the back door. Its amazing what comes to mind when doing stuff in solitude.

47 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

So digging over the planting out area for some sweetcorn today I happened to cut through a worm. I remembered that father told me not to worry about broken worms when I was helping him plant seed spuds by shovel because they become two worms - I was so trusting then. :oops: 

I also remember that at a much younger age I used to eat worms outside the back door. Its amazing what comes to mind when doing stuff in solitude.

they do.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

When we were very little my uncle would stand sideways and “eat” a worm - I.e. throw it over his shoulder unseen. We believed he actually eaten it and tried to replicate 🙈 I also vividly remember sharing dog biscuits with our dogs on the climbing frame. 

My 3 loved walking under the Pier and finding money that the"  stupid holidaymakers " had dropped through the boards,

cost me a fortune

also,driving along and seeing a road sign with an arrow on it. Told them it meant there were Indians about and we had t sound the horn to frighten them off. Must have worked as we never saw any BUT they think they may have seen some running away

oh and the fact that Ice Cream Vans only play a tune when they have run out of ice cream 🍦 

We had a holiday down in Devon a couple years back, the place we were staying had its own bay/beech. 

We were rock pooling when my boy found a pirate treasure map in a little bottle, which we followed and lo and behold found a little bottle of fools gold.

He was well chuffed at the time, he brought it up the other day with the suggestion I might have hidden it. He's only 7 but they grow up so quick I want to enjoy every moment of he's childhood so obviously I denied all knowledge of it 😂.

6 hours ago, Diver One said:

My 3 loved walking under the Pier and finding money that the"  stupid holidaymakers " had dropped through the boards,

cost me a fortune

also,driving along and seeing a road sign with an arrow on it. Told them it meant there were Indians about and we had t sound the horn to frighten them off. Must have worked as we never saw any BUT they think they may have seen some running away

oh and the fact that Ice Cream Vans only play a tune when they have run out of ice cream 🍦 

I'll have to try that little gem thanks.

Farmboy91's story has just reminded me of one of our holidays camping in Devon. On the way, we stopped off at a motorway services for a toilet break. I took my 9 year old son into the loo. He spotted the condom machine and asked what it was. I explained that it sold chewing gum and thought no more of it. Got back to the car and was greeted with -:

"Dad, I bought you some chewing gum with that money you gave me" 

"Thanks son, I'll put it in the glove compartment and have it later"

Fortunately, after reminding me about it several times, he then fell asleep.

I did announce at his wedding, that if he wanted some condoms, there's a packet in my glove compartment !

He and the wife knew the story, but I did get some strange looks from the guests.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy