Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dave-G

Childhood activity memories.

Recommended Posts

So digging over the planting out area for some sweetcorn today I happened to cut through a worm. I remembered that father told me not to worry about broken worms when I was helping him plant seed spuds by shovel because they become two worms - I was so trusting then. :oops: 

 

I also remember that at a much younger age I used to eat worms outside the back door. Its amazing what comes to mind when doing stuff in solitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

So digging over the planting out area for some sweetcorn today I happened to cut through a worm. I remembered that father told me not to worry about broken worms when I was helping him plant seed spuds by shovel because they become two worms - I was so trusting then. :oops: 

 

I also remember that at a much younger age I used to eat worms outside the back door. Its amazing what comes to mind when doing stuff in solitude.

they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

So digging over the planting out area for some sweetcorn today I happened to cut through a worm. I remembered that father told me not to worry about broken worms when I was helping him plant seed spuds by shovel because they become two worms - I was so trusting then. :oops: 

 

I also remember that at a much younger age I used to eat worms outside the back door. Its amazing what comes to mind when doing stuff in solitude.

When we were very little my uncle would stand sideways and “eat” a worm - I.e. throw it over his shoulder unseen. We believed he actually eaten it and tried to replicate 🙈 I also vividly remember sharing dog biscuits with our dogs on the climbing frame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember once when my uncle taught me how to milk a cow blind folded. Great old memories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the old ones are the best grandsons face lit up when he thought i could pull pound coins from his ear far cry from the days of a penny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 3 loved walking under the Pier and finding money that the"  stupid holidaymakers " had dropped through the boards,

cost me a fortune

 

also,driving along and seeing a road sign with an arrow on it. Told them it meant there were Indians about and we had t sound the horn to frighten them off. Must have worked as we never saw any BUT they think they may have seen some running away

 

oh and the fact that Ice Cream Vans only play a tune when they have run out of ice cream 🍦 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a holiday down in Devon a couple years back, the place we were staying had its own bay/beech. 

We were rock pooling when my boy found a pirate treasure map in a little bottle, which we followed and lo and behold found a little bottle of fools gold.

He was well chuffed at the time, he brought it up the other day with the suggestion I might have hidden it. He's only 7 but they grow up so quick I want to enjoy every moment of he's childhood so obviously I denied all knowledge of it 😂.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

🤣

 

3 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Jesus that took a turn for the worst 😂

🤣..... thats wrong on many levels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Diver One said:

My 3 loved walking under the Pier and finding money that the"  stupid holidaymakers " had dropped through the boards,

cost me a fortune

 

also,driving along and seeing a road sign with an arrow on it. Told them it meant there were Indians about and we had t sound the horn to frighten them off. Must have worked as we never saw any BUT they think they may have seen some running away

 

oh and the fact that Ice Cream Vans only play a tune when they have run out of ice cream 🍦 

I'll have to try that little gem thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Farmboy91's story has just reminded me of one of our holidays camping in Devon. On the way, we stopped off at a motorway services for a toilet break. I took my 9 year old son into the loo. He spotted the condom machine and asked what it was. I explained that it sold chewing gum and thought no more of it. Got back to the car and was greeted with -:

"Dad, I bought you some chewing gum with that money you gave me" 

"Thanks son, I'll put it in the glove compartment and have it later"

Fortunately, after reminding me about it several times, he then fell asleep.

I did announce at his wedding, that if he wanted some condoms, there's a packet in my glove compartment !

He and the wife knew the story, but I did get some strange looks from the guests.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, djrwood said:

I remember once when my uncle taught me how to milk a cow blind folded. Great old memories

0dark-quick.jpg

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made me laugh reading some of them. 

Milking a cow had me giggling as I didn't expect it in this thread. Then the comment after it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...