Return to garden plinking...

pegasus bridge

Since I got my fac in 2009 my air rifles have been largely neglected , But being confined to the garden over the last 8 weeks has given me the chance to dust the old springers off, and i don’t mind admitting I’d completely forgotten just how much fun they are .  I’ve been spending hours with my lad (about to turn 10) plinking cans. We’ve even dusted off my late grandads mk1 meteor , it’s  in very poor nick but fitted my lad the best, so he’s asked for one for his birthday.... I’ve gone with the fun factor for him with a crosman 1077!

ive even managed some practice with my Webley patriot, I’m close to getting 1 inch groups at 25 yards ( way better than I’d managed before) 👍

Happy Shooting 👍

23 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I shot one a long time ago and found it very hard work all round. Never tried the eliminator. If fac I think its got to be pcp. 

Yeah I agree, I had a 40ft lb stealth prior to getting the patriot... it was a scratch I had to itch though, reading airgun world as a teenager I spent a lot of time lusting after it! That and the eliminator (still have to scratch that one ).

backstop was a pile of old  half rotten decking in front of a brick wall 👍

33 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

You'll have biceps like Arnie plinking with that  

I felt it the day after 😱

The 1077 is fine as a plinker ,but think of it more like a long co2 pistol with equivalent power, accuracy  and heavy long double action trigger and u wont be disappointed .if your expecting it to be like an airrifle  then your in for a bit of a shock  

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i used my 1077 for close range ratting, up to 25ft

👍 I’ve resisted the urge to test shoot it.. it’s being wrapped for his birthday, my only expectations for it are that it’s fun, all the research I’ve done suggests it will deliver, if it’s any better then that’ll be a bonus 👍

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/05/2020 at 12:48, WalkedUp said:

I am sure he will love it, let us know how he gets on. 

Well it was his birthday the other day, And my lad got his hands on the 1077, he loved it, it’s great fun, and the accuracy at 15 mtrs isn’t that bad, only drawback is how quickly you get through 12 shots and have to reload .  Great little fun plinker 👍