243 reload.

Pick a powder you can source from at least two places. That way you should be able to get it when you want.

Vihtavori is a firm favourite as it comes from Finland so there should no supply problems. I have used this for years and do reload 243 with it.

Given a choice I would look for Reload Swiss. This is now my go to powder. Not a huge amount of reloading data available yet but its improving.

The reason for the switch is temperature stability. Our Olympic team were sponsored by Vihiavori but a couple of years ago they had a bit of a surprise when shooting in high temperatures (USA). The rounds went way over pressure with the heat. They looked around and found Reload Swiss to be VERY temperature stable and now that is their powder of choice.

Edited by rem708

There  is a lot of factors to consider.What are you shooting, deer .target or long range.Type of rifle barrel and twist rate.With powders its horses for courses A lot of loaders use vit 140, I load 100g speer spbt using vit 540 for a 1 in 10 twist barrel