Skipton gun rooms

washerboy

This sounds so wrong coming from a Lancastrian BUT Yorkshire Scallops...(not the shellfish type) .fantastic fast food ( for the uninitiated its 2 potato slices with a piece of fish in the middle and then battered, as opposed to standard scallop of one slice of 🥔 And no 🐟 )

Nice shop just outside of Skipton town centre with plenty to browse at. Had one gun from them it was second hand but worked faultless for the time I had it. 
Good selection of cartridges too. 

the chippies in Skipton are great, the one by the canal is always busy and has been good every time we have been. 

As already said, the shop is on the outskirts of the town near to the railway station. I have only been once but found them to be very good and friendly towards customers. One word of warning, IF you should park at Morrisons, which is on the road to the station be mindful of the cameras that enforce the 2 hours parking. Friend of mine got done  !

3 hours ago, rovercoupe said:

chippies in Skipton are great, the one by the canal is always busy and has been good every time we have been. 

Probably where we ate, simple good food.

3 hours ago, Diver One said:

This sounds so wrong coming from a Lancastrian BUT Yorkshire Scallops...(not the shellfish type) .fantastic fast food ( for the uninitiated its 2 potato slices with a piece of fish in the middle and then battered, as opposed to standard scallop of one slice of 🥔 And no 🐟 )

Another Lancashire lad but that sounds good.

5 hours ago, Diver One said:

That to me from Hartlepool it is a fish fritter, in Stockton on tees it's a fish Pattie, was not amused biting Ito one expecting mash taty with herbs in and getting slices of taty and fish.

I've been in a old gunship in Skipton bought a hat, lovely shoo. The market Square has a butchers that does great pork pies warm mmm

1 hour ago, figgy said:

That to me from Hartlepool it is a fish fritter, in Stockton on tees it's a fish Pattie, was not amused biting Ito one expecting mash taty with herbs in and getting slices of taty and fish.

I've been in a old gunship in Skipton bought a hat, lovely shoo. The market Square has a butchers that does great pork pies warm mmm

Went n a few chippies around Stockton and Yarm as daughter lived in Kirklevington and then Ingleby Berwick ( taught at Stokesly School) and we visited a lot. Looked at me like an idiot when I asked for a scallop,and then had to describe it!l

Edited by Diver One

12 hours ago, Diver One said:

That would be a fish cake then👍👍

9 hours ago, Diver One said:

Went n a few chippies around Stockton and Yarm as daughter lived in Kirklevington and then Ingleby Berwick ( taught at Stokesly School) and we visited a lot. Looked at me like an idiot when I asked for a scallop,and then had to describe it!l

Ha ha I bet you got some funny looks. Yarn and stokesly are nice places.