Rotary magnet recommendations please...

6 hours ago, motty said:

A camo pouch for a battery? A little unnecessary! 

My 15+ year old uksw magnet has required no "modding" whatsoever. It has served me brilliantly. 

Not for camoflage but for ease of carrying, those pouches have a molle attachment so can be attached to bags etc.

Better to chuck a wet muddy battery in it's own pouch than in a bag of flocked decoys don't ya think?

6 hours ago, motty said:

A camo pouch for a battery? A little unnecessary! 

My 15+ year old uksw magnet has required no "modding" whatsoever. It has served me brilliantly. 

I've seen plenty pics of folk with rotary batteries wrapped in camo tape or clumps of grass or straw etc thrown over them,i wanted something more than that,for me personally the Osprey pouch was a good choice,it disguises the battery,it offers the battery & connections protection from the elements & the fastening strap on the pouch makes a good carrying handle...

20200513-141540.jpg

This is the battery i'm currently using,a bit heavy but i can't justify spending silly money on a lighter lithium battery,

20200513-141823.jpg

The battery dimensions are 150mm long,95mm wide & 95mm deep,it's a really snug fit in the pouch,you won't fit anything larger in it

20200513-142732.jpg

For anyone looking for an Osprey pouch this is what you're looking for,i only paid £4.49 on the bay for mine at the time but the seller isn't currently processing orders for reasons unknown..

20200513-144310.jpg

14 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Not for camoflage but for ease of carrying, those pouches have a molle attachment so can be attached to bags etc.

Better to chuck a wet muddy battery in it's own pouch than in a bag of flocked decoys don't ya think?

Yes there are good strong attachments on the rear of the pouch but my battery is usually in my kit trolley or my rucksack.

On 12/05/2020 at 13:00, 51/50 said:

When i first ventured into the world of rotary magnets i was amazed at the amount of options available,having no experience with them it was difficult to choose,i eventually opted for an A1 Decoys Telescopic model with optional remote speed control,i find it to be a good sturdy solid bit of kit & to date i can say it has been very reliable,a 12Ah battery lasts me for 7-8 hours easily,my only gripe would be what @oowee has already mentioned,the round decoy bars with the flat thumb screw grip,a bit fiddly!,i haven't had any thumb screws give up on me yet but it's something i'm aware off when tightening them,i may get bespoke arms made in the future if/when they start causing grief,i also camo taped the arms to reduce glare,i still wasn't happy with that so ended up spraying matt kaki camo paint on top of the camo tape,sorted!,i also modified & spiral wrapped the wiring to make it less fuss when setting up...

20200511-134741.jpg

Adhesive velcro on the remote sensor secures it to the velcro on the army osprey pouch which holds the battery....

20200511-134937.jpg

The connections all tuck into the osprey pouch to conceal them & keep them dry...

20200511-134904.jpg

I took a file to mine, just filed out a flat section on the round bar for the thumb screw to bite onto if that makes sense..

Yes that does make sense re file, been having the same trouble with my A1 flapper. The round section steel desperately needs a couple of 'flats' as the bird tends to tip sideways after a while. Thanks for reminding me - I'm going to do a little metalwork this evening...…..!

47 minutes ago, Fellside said:

Yes that does make sense re file, been having the same trouble with my A1 flapper. The round section steel desperately needs a couple of 'flats' as the bird tends to tip sideways after a while. Thanks for reminding me - I'm going to do a little metalwork this evening...…..!

I had fiddled with most of what i have bought, the pigeons have not noticed how perfectly tuned everything is though........

4 hours ago, Zimtrout said:

I took a file to mine, just filed out a flat section on the round bar for the thumb screw to bite onto if that makes sense..

Good thinking,cheers!,i'll get onto that next week,too busy molesting the gf's bike (again!) just now,i'm also rebuilding an HW80 for a mate,plenty to keep me busy....