X2 gun box’s

Hi All,

Quick question, 

When things are a little bit back to normal, I plan on applying for my FAC. I currently have a gun box with no ammo box for my shotguns and future rifles but I have just brought a break down gun box which I plan to keep my o/u and ammo in.

My question is, as long as the rifles and ammo/bolt are kept in different boxes, would this be ok or do I need to buy a safe only for ammo? 

My question is, as long as the rifles and ammo/bolt are kept in different boxes, would this be ok or do I need to buy a safe only for ammo? 

That is fine and OK with most FEOs. Indeed I like many have two safes. One of which has, yes, stored together in it the rifle bolts and the rifle ammunition. 

Strictly speaking there's no requirement to keep the bolts apart from their rifles. Indeed with such as a Winchester 92 lever action rifle or a common or garden Ruger 10/22 I know of nobody who breaks them down into the bolt and "the rest" and stores the two parts separately. However it is good practice to store where it is easily possibly to break a gun down its bolt from the rest of it and store separately. 

Now on that premise I have always stored bolts and indeed shotgun fore-ends in a separate cabinet and in that self same separate cabinet for those bolts and fore-ends the rifle ammunition. So whilst I'd certainly ask you particular FEO I don't see any problems with your full length cabinet having your rifles (and indeed if they fit your shotguns) and your short cabinet not only any borken down shotguns but also having your rifle ammunition and if the FEO thinks advisable also the rifle bolts. 

Edited by enfieldspares