Lockdown project

Well just finished fitting out an old box I picked up years ago from scratch. It’s for one of the percussion guns and just needs the screws in the hinge sorting properly.  A few things I would do differently on the next one and I have several cases just waiting for attention so there will be plenty of practice with Nicola keeping us in detention. And before you all kick off I agree “Stay at Home”.

A0F1DB9E-C6FC-485A-B68C-047A174DA9FA.jpeg

5C286404-331E-4248-A2DA-B038DDFC5BD5.jpeg

Looks great...quick question..

I'm looking to get some drawers put in back of truck to hold some guns and I like the look of this material. 

What is it classed as, where from and and do you glue it.

Sorry for so many questions op.

Stay safe my friends 

M1

Edited by mad1

5 hours ago, mad1 said:

Looks great...quick question..

I'm looking to get some drawers put in back of truck to hold some guns and I like the look of this material. 

What is it classed as, where from and and do you glue it.

Sorry for so many questions op.

Stay safe my friends 

M1

Hi no problem with the questions. I use wool felt or baize and got this from a haberdashers. I am pretty sure you can also buy it by the metre from Dunelm. If you can get a sheet that has come off a pool or snooker table it is ready aged. I have a roll of that too.

Traditionally it is glued down with pearl glue but I cheat. I water down waterproof PVA adhesive so it can be brushed on to the wood. I the flatten the felt on with a cold iron and clamp between two pieces of timber until dry. Might be more difficult in large drawers but shouldn’t be impossible. There is a bit of a knack to getting corners and returns right and I am learning that as I go along. I cut with steel rule and scalpel.

Hope this helps and good luck