The comming season

Norfolk wildfowler

I agree all shooting and fishing  can be solitary or distanced       travel separately   no pub lunch  /   shoot meal  /  monster breakfast before fishing   etc     it can work as all in the fresh air and at distance     ( looking forward  happy hunting)  keep safe        I'm like roger rabbit one toe over the line I'm gone 🤣

If everyone does as instructed, and we do get R down, he will be lifting the proximity restrictions on some activities/ travelling with people outside your family. But we got to get to level 2 to do that. Be positive we might be in a firm 3 by end of June if we follow guidance. Bigger fines for none compliance might just bring any fools into line.  The more we do the right things  more we get to do. I think we will be good for September, and could be we get to go with mates or extended family if we want depending. More clarity tomorrow in parliament.

Edited by lancer425

• 2 weeks later...

After a huge amount of work the Angling Trust got fishing back, why therefore cannot the shooting organisations do the same?  I'm not just aiming this at BASC, there are others.

Maybe it is happening but a cordinated approach from them all to put pressure on not just for vermin control, but for the future of the shooting seasons.  Take it from me I bet Packham is rubbing his hands with glee.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

After a huge amount of work the Angling Trust got fishing back, why therefore cannot the shooting organisations do the same?  I'm not just aiming this at BASC, there are others.

Maybe it is happening but a cordinated approach from them all to put pressure on not just for vermin control, but for the future of the shooting seasons.  Take it from me I bet Packham is rubbing his hands with glee.

I really don't understand this. People have been out shooting everywhere for the last couple of weeks.

As things stand, I can't see why wildfowling can't go ahead as normal.

On 10/05/2020 at 23:36, Norfolk wildfowler said:

We have 3.5 months before the wildfowling season starts , but now is the time to make sure the government knows what wildfowling is and how its conducted. Too many non shooters thing shooting is a social sport with lines of guns and beaters. We need to make sure Boris and co know its a solitary sport.

We would be able to go today if it was in season.

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

A less stringent lockdown now than when the last post was made4 on here.

What do the PW massive think we will be doing come september the 1st. Do you think we will be on or not.?

Can't see why we shouldn't be on the foreshore on 1st September 👍👍

23 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

My only hope before the season starts, is that all the people that are now flocking to the marsh, go somewhere else! It was like goose season when we tried to walk the dogs the other day, the amount of cars.

That is a concern.

39 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Can't see why we shouldn't be on the foreshore on 1st September 👍👍

I have to admit i am fairly optonistic, only thing is if we get a flair up on the R with all this social distancing that is going on at the moment.

On 10/05/2020 at 23:36, Norfolk wildfowler said:

We have 3.5 months before the wildfowling season starts , but now is the time to make sure the government knows what wildfowling is and how its conducted. Too many non shooters thing shooting is a social sport with lines of guns and beaters. We need to make sure Boris and co know its a solitary sport.

I posted a similar post last month regarding up coming season I think if there letting anglers to start fishing I think we should be fine given everyone follows the rules so fingers crossed 🤞 

As i understand it, DEFRA has confirmed that shooting is ok.

only issue is for clubs concerning any restrictions that government place... its ok for individuals to break/bend rules, their choice but clubs then place themselves in a vulnerable position in this litigatious time.

that said, unless we have wave 2 or 3 then , should be fine 🙂

Edited by nic

5 hours ago, nic said:

As i understand it, DEFRA has confirmed that shooting is ok.

only issue is for clubs concerning any restrictions that government place... its ok for individuals to break/bend rules, their choice but clubs then place themselves in a vulnerable position in this litigatious time.

that said, unless we have wave 2 or 3 then , should be fine 🙂

I don't anticipate any issues. We aren't usually packed in like sardines when we go wildfowling. 

• 2 weeks later...