Love it or hate it

Old Boggy

Marmite_001.jpg.bcc01d6519bd1c34809b5df0f4eb124b.jpg

I`ve only just noticed that Marmite is now appealing to our Vegan `friends`. Was wondering how long the vegan reference has appeared on the label. Has anyone got an older jar without this reference ?

Sorry about the size of the photo, not learnt yet how to resize.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

We all know its a matter of personal choice, but I have always liked Marmite.
Spread on hot toast, or as part of a cheese sandwich, or even a hot drink on a cold day, it is a great flavour.
Its low in fat and sugar and contains B12 vitamin, all good stuff.

I totally agree, I love it.

26 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

We all know its a matter of personal choice, but I have always liked Marmite.
Spread on hot toast, or as part of a cheese sandwich, or even a hot drink on a cold day, it is a great flavour.
Its low in fat and sugar and contains B12 vitamin, all good stuff.

I didn’t know marmite was used for a hot drink.....I know Bovril was/is a popular hot drink at football matches etc.

gotta say marmite is not for me! 🤮

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Marmite_001.jpg.bcc01d6519bd1c34809b5df0f4eb124b.jpg

I`ve only just noticed that Marmite is now appealing to our Vegan `friends`. Was wondering how long the vegan reference has appeared on the label. Has anyone got an older jar without this reference ?

Sorry about the size of the photo, not learnt yet how to resize.

OB

I haven't got a jar as I hate the vile stuff but a quick Google search for marmite labels and.. 

519FkJaBX4L._AC_SY400_.jpg.eaae293959eabe141545a04b58f24886.jpg

I love the stuff!,as well as spread thickly on toast it also makes a tasty addition to stews,casseroles & gravy,the gf also loves it & can eat it out of the jar with a spoon!,that's just a bit too extreme for me though,she's also mad for marmite peanut butter but i'm not struck on that at all,peanuts is peanuts,marmite is marmite.

Marmite....food of the Gods.  Slathered on crumpets until it's dripping through onto yer shrttfront !

ive been having marmite and peanut butter sandwiches for years.    And if I can find it then throw a bit of sandwich Spread on as well

two schools of thought on Marmite

1) those that love it

2) those that are wrong/don't love it yet

anyone tried Marmite tapping?

Love it. They also do Marmite peanut butter now although it isn’t really strong enough for me so I end up putting a bit more marmite in it. 

Marmite peanut butter and vanilla ice cream. Delicious. 

and reading this thread has prompted me to make a cold roast beef and marmite sandwich. 

Edited by AVB

Love it, I'd not spotted the vegan reference before, just jumping on that wagon!!

On a side note, the wife and I had a pot noodle yesterday (guilty pleasure, bombay badboy) and my daughter had the spicy rib flavour one, which I spotted had a vegan logo on it too, which I thought was really odd that a vegan would want to eat meat flavour anything.

Hayden

I live it but randomly the first bite gives me severe teeth sensitivity. 

I always remember being in an international hospital and seeing a patient having to have the obligatory toast before they could leave. 
the spread of choice was marmite but they mustn’t have it abroad much as it came out spread like marmalade. 
the poor guy tried and failed. Had to stay another night and opted for butter the following morning 

Edited by ph5172