Love it or hate it

Old Boggy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Anybody who doesn't love Marmite more than likely eats the little Girly Sandwiches with the crusts cut off that are served on Doilies.

👍 😂

I mentioned it on Tuesday 

marmite and Lemon Cheese

....and non of this 'spread it on a thinly like a girl!  If you can see the toast through the marmite then you have only applied the undercoat!

same as coffee.....if you can see the base of the mug when you are halfway down the brew then it's too,weak

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ditchman said:

will eat marmite if forced.........................

but Bovril to me is like crac cocaine.............awesome dude.....on toast....on bread and butter ....hot drink and added to stews.....what more could you ask for..

A modicum of taste!:P

Love the stuff I remember a very very very long time ago marmite on toast was an excellent post pub snack. 

Its also nice brushed on to a nearly cooked chicken, sounds wrong but if you like marmite then its seriously tasty.

My puppy also loves it spread it on his chew toys, so he pays less attention to the furniture and cat and anything else he can get his paws on.

One of the biggest purchasers of it is Battersea Dogs home.

Edited by fatchap

Love it. If you like it, try this for a quick snack or meal. Far better than the a so called ready meal.

Can't think of her name but got this from that nice looking lady chef that likes the white powder.

Cook some pasta, spaghetti works best, strain and then add a spoon or two of Marmite, give it a good stir and top with cheese. Maybe some herbs as well.

Just try it before you knock it.

We were raised on Marmite on toast fingers as young children, and later on the treat was Mum's thickly buttered, fresh bread slathered with Marmite.

When a German exchange student came to stay one summer, we introduced him to it and got him hooked, so he took a jar back with him. A couple of years later, I stayed with him in Regensburg, carrying further supplies on the motorbike.

It went down very well on rye bread after a skinful of Thurn und Taxis.

On 25/05/2020 at 17:53, fatchap said:

Love the stuff I remember a very very very long time ago marmite on toast was an excellent post pub snack. Its also nice brushe:yes:also loves it spread it on his chew toys, so he pays less attention to the furniture and cat and anything else he can get his paws on.

One of the biggest purchasers of it is Battersea Dogs home.

yep , its dog food 

7 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

How do you know that Mel, have you tried ?

ive tried marmite , and dog poo on a stick can only be an improvement :lol: