Cpsa

Farmboy91

I can understand the cpsa wanting absolute clarity on every detail. However there are non cpsa grounds who might take the plunge and open on their own interpretation of the latest rules. What has been released by the government so far its reasonably safe to assume clay shooting operating safely would be ok. There is no way anyone could be prosecuted because of the way the rules have been stated by the government. Anyhow we shall see. 

Who is tipping the first place to open

It's a hard one.

On the one hand you could meet with one person and keep social distancing or go alone, which would meet the new regulations.

On the other hand, can a clay ground be made covid-19 secure, with everyone needing to push the same buttons to operate the traps.

I suppose they could put hand washing stations at each trap or put on staff to operate the traps.

Then again it is no different to filling up the car.

I think it will be another one where we get no definitive answer from anyone.

Hope they do open up.

27 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Dont forget the trap disciplines all acoustic and no buttons, plus 2m spacing. Could not see any problem whatsoever participating in that form of shooting.

Other than it’s a group gathering 

unless you’re from the same family 

possibly compact sporting or skeet with some strict protocols 

No more than 2 per stand the buttons could be placed 2m away you must wear gloves And at the exit place some detergent and blue roll to wipe your equipment down when leave also you could do booking time and only follow a certain order around the ground or book a certain discipline 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Other than it’s a group gathering 

unless you’re from the same family 

possibly compact sporting or skeet with some strict protocols 

So is golfing going to the beach/park and shopping but we are aloud to do these

11 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

No more than 2 per stand the buttons could be placed 2m away you must wear gloves And at the exit place some detergent and blue roll to wipe your equipment down when leave also you could do booking time and only follow a certain order around the ground or book a certain discipline 

So is golfing going to the beach/park and shopping but we are aloud to do these

I understand however I don’t think up the rules 

you can meet up with your younger brother that doesn’t live with you but not his twin at the same time 

you can go to work but don’t use a bus even though there empty obviously running them to keep bus drivers in work 

you can go fishing but you can’t open the tackle shop 

question if I may 

how do gloves stop you spreading or catching the bug ? 

6 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I understand however I don’t think up the rules 

you can meet up with your younger brother that doesn’t live with you but not his twin at the same time 

you can go to work but don’t use a bus even though there empty obviously running them to keep bus drivers in work 

you can go fishing but you can’t open the tackle shop 

question if I may 

how do gloves stop you spreading or catching the bug ? 

I don’t understand why gloves don’t stop you spreading it maybe cos it makes you think about rubbing your eyes Or putting your finger in your mouth after touching something etc 

I can meet a friend but not another one is to stop large groups of people getting together to play football in the park and risk contact Also people who live alone can go and meet someone for a chat

don’t use public transport I think is If you have no other option you can but protect yourself mask etc and if you can use your car use it as the streets are less congested at the moment in cities Have you seen the pictures of the tube

if you are not sure or don’t feel safe going to the park or any other activity we can just stay at home as before to me it’s about getting certain people who feel theare at least risk getting back to some kind of normality and that way they can see if there is a spike in people getting it 

these are just my personal thoughts 

2 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

I don’t understand why gloves don’t stop you spreading it maybe cos it makes you think about rubbing your eyes Or putting your finger in your mouth after touching something etc 

I can meet a friend but not another one is to stop large groups of people getting together to play football in the park and risk contact Also people who live alone can go and meet someone for a chat

don’t use public transport I think is If you have no other option you can but protect yourself mask etc and if you can use your car use it as the streets are less congested at the moment in cities Have you seen the pictures of the tube

if you are not sure or don’t feel safe going to the park or any other activity we can just stay at home as before to me it’s about getting certain people who feel theare at least risk getting back to some kind of normality and that way they can see if there is a spike in people getting it 

these are just my personal thoughts 

Like I said I don’t make the rules 

i also understand your views and understand your thoughts 

I live adjacent to a beach we can go fishing but the beach is shut equally frustrating 

Well I have had a nice ride out today, kept safe and it was nice to break the monotony. Whilst driving I heard a minister on the radio stating ALL outdoor sporting practices are allowed other than swimming. Could not be any more plainer and yet the C P S A are still fannying around ,humming and arring about what they should do. 

I just hope some grounds out there have the balls to get opened up again and not wait for cpsa to get of the fence. 

1 minute ago, TRINITY said:

Well I have had a nice ride out today, kept safe and it was nice to break the monotony. Whilst driving I heard a minister on the radio stating ALL outdoor sporting practices are allowed other than swimming. Could not be any more plainer and yet the C P S A are still fannying around ,humming and arring about what they should do. 

I just hope some grounds out there have the balls to get opened up again and not wait for cpsa to get of the fence. 

If you owned a ground how would you open it up safely?

your probably going to have to convince your insurance company 

15 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

your probably going to have to convince your insurance company 

Convince them of what? Genuine question.

Surely the saftey requirement would be covered by the government guidelines. If you can't meet them then you cannot open.

Edited by Newbie to this

Come on, have a ride around and see what's happening, it was nearly back to normal out there. I can think of a multitude of businesses and activities opening up that would be impossible to make as safe as clay shooting.  I am at risk and would feel far safer on a clay ground than a shop ,garden centre, or take away fast food outlet. Never mind those people who have to suffer public transport. If al those can do it ,so can a clay ground. They have no problem with insurance. Is insurance your opinion or do you know that as gospel.

8 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I can't see an insurance company worring about someone trying to sue from catching the untraceable virus.

Think the insurance issue is purely an imaginary thing, brought about by the how general way of thinking has been altered in this snowflake society.  If it was true there is no way buses,taxi and train companies would be operating.

42 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Convince them of what? Genuine question.

Surely the saftey requirement would be covered by the government guidelines. If you can't meet them then you cannot open.

That you were opening your ground safely you may have need to say what protocols and guidelines you have implemented for your staff and customers 

ok scrap the insurance part 

how would you open the clay ground ? Genuine question 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

That you were opening your ground safely you may have need to say what protocols and guidelines you have implemented for your staff and customers 

ok scrap the insurance part 

how would you open the clay ground ? Genuine question 

On 12/05/2020 at 14:40, Newbie to this said:

It's a hard one.

On the one hand you could meet with one person and keep social distancing or go alone, which would meet the new regulations.

On the other hand, can a clay ground be made covid-19 secure, with everyone needing to push the same buttons to operate the traps.

I suppose they could put hand washing stations at each trap or put on staff to operate the traps.

Then again it is no different to filling up the car.

I think it will be another one where we get no definitive answer from anyone.

Hope they do open up.

Like I said earlier it's a hard one, but it is not any different from filling the car or shopping in a supermarket for that matter.

The grounds needs to put in measures to ensure that social distancing is kept, but ultimately like with anything else, if people ignore it then it is impossible.

Hand wash/cleansing stations at each trap. Again if people choose to not use them, it's out of the grounds control.

Or possibly lay on extra staff to operate the traps, so the people touching operation buttons are the same all the time.

At some point we are going to have to be trusted to do our best to not spread the virus and get on with our lives.

Edit - Can't be any worse than getting on the London Underground, going to a supermarket or to work.

Edited by Newbie to this

I'm eagerly awaiting some grounds local to me opening up so I can start shooting again.

With a bit of commonsense, clay grounds should be safe to use. By nature they are all fairly large and outdoors.

Limit group sizes, Limit numbers on the course, Limit one person to the station plus someone to button (some grounds may need to temporarily move the trap buttons away from the station slightly), have a one way system around the course with a cordone for safe distance, hand sanitizing stations, one in - one out of the clubhouse to pay.

Even DTL and trap setups should have enough distance between the shooters if done correctly.

I'd feel safe going shooting now.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

This is what Eriswell Lodge were proposing but have since decided to wait for further info from the CPSA before they open.

This is the point I was trying to make. The large commercial grounds are like any other business and should be more than capable by interpreting the rules and recommendations and operating as safely as possible. In fact by their very nature, they should be far more safe than thousands of other businesses that are operating. Golf are up and running already. By the post regarding erswell lodge it looks like they and probably others were ready to go. However for some reason the cpsa have bottled it and put the brakes on.

The government have made a clear statement ,seems the cpsa are now looking for reasons why they shouldn't open. Why dont they sit back ,let the grounds get on with it and run their businesses like they are capable of doing.