New update on BASC Website

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Thanks mister. Can not say i am 100% on this. Think i can risk an early morning. fox session if i must, but i think. I am just going fishing and sea angling way things are its in writing i can do that. I hope we get fowling sorted by september its getting  Worryingly close to me .

2 hours ago, Scully said:

If golf clubs have reopened, then I really can’t see why clay grounds can’t, or wouldn’t, and as soon as they do we’ll be going I would think. 

I agree with you, BUT i hate saying BUT. BUt its just not 100%. Its better than before as BASC point out, but we are still in a strange limbo land where we have the threat of some rouge police officer deciding we are wrong, and Firearms Licensing not sorting out any licence reviews or getting you a withered licence back by the season. I don’t want to be sat here in September ringing The police and BASC trying to get my licence back even though i was obeying the lockdown. A clueless bobby could put a person in just such a scenario. No i am going sea fishing. I am going to let this develop i think.

11 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

When has the government ever publicly sided with shooting or said anything good about shooting?

basc say they have consulted with the government, CPSA say the issue with clay shooting is to do with ticketed sports being undefined.

see

8 hours ago, lancer425 said:

I agree with you, BUT i hate saying BUT. BUt its just not 100%. Its better than before as BASC point out, but we are still in a strange limbo land where we have the threat of some rouge police officer deciding we are wrong, and Firearms Licensing not sorting out any licence reviews or getting you a withered licence back by the season. I don’t want to be sat here in September ringing The police and BASC trying to get my licence back even though i was obeying the lockdown. A clueless bobby could put a person in just such a scenario. No i am going sea fishing. I am going to let this develop i think.

But it’s not up to the police. Why on earth would it be?
It has been stated that golf clubs can reopen to people participating in sport. You can travel to that venue, and you can participate with another person. I can’t see the difference between the logistics of that and clay pigeon shooting, because there is none, and I think any copper would be hard pressed to come up with a viable reason you shouldn’t go in light of everything else now currently allowed. Common sense has to prevail, and if everyone takes the same precautions they are for everything else, then there shouldn’t be any more problems than is created by playing golf.
If anyone is waiting for the police to give them permission to go shooting, or waiting for their shooting orgs to push for it, then you’ll have a long wait. The shooting orgs will just do as they’re told, same as always.

Playing golf is no more nor less essential than clay pigeon shooting. 
If clay grounds open up we’ll be going. 

It really is such a mess and nobody is willing to grasp the nettle.  I am fortunate that all of my shooting at the moment is vermin control on farms and estates I have had access to for years and have written permission to be on for that purpose.  The fact that I have a friend who occasionally comes along and sits in a separate high seat and we don't go in for this Francofile Continental huggin and kissing, cannot travel to one farm is crazy. In eleven miles he has to pass through four maybe five county force areas, two of which have announced they will revoke licenses of anyone found shooting makes the risk too great. 

I am just  hoping some common sense prevails EVENTUALLY by September and the normal game shooting season progresses. 

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

It really is such a mess and nobody is willing to grasp the nettle.  I am fortunate that all of my shooting at the moment is vermin control on farms and estates I have had access to for years and have written permission to be on for that purpose.  The fact that I have a friend who occasionally comes along and sits in a separate high seat and we don't go in for this Francofile Continental huggin and kissing, cannot travel to one farm is crazy. In eleven miles he has to pass through four maybe five county force areas, two of which have announced they will revoke licenses of anyone found shooting makes the risk too great. 

I am just  hoping some common sense prevails EVENTUALLY by September and the normal game shooting season progresses. 

There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone doing pest control under the latest guidance. 

I went shooting yesterday, and I will continue to do so.

As Lancer says, it's that rogue element with an agenda put in places of authority that will be the downfall in interpretation. We have them impounding £10k Superbikes, taking your guns and licence is even easier. 

Will be a long time before they do any appeals or listen to rational arguments by you or BASC if you trust them to take on your case, even then before all this my mate was 18 months before he got his back. That was just for verbal allegation the police decided to take issue with and investigate. He was never charged, never interviewed never even told what the alleged allegation was. Once they were satisfied in was not true they gave him his tickets and guns back. In that 18 months, he lost his job, home and relationship. No redress no come back nothing. 

Until something is in black and white on Government headed paper my guns are staying in my cabinet!

25 minutes ago, Perazzishot said:

Until something is in black and white on Government headed paper my guns are staying in my cabinet!

Don’t book any game shooting for this season then as your guns will be in the cabinet for a very long time.

we have many shooting organisations, governing bodies for our sports, etc who’s job it is to represent our interests with the government if they are telling us it’s ok to shoot why should we not believe them?

13 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Don’t book any game shooting for this season then as your guns will be in the cabinet for a very long time.

we have many shooting organisations, governing bodies for our sports, etc who’s job it is to represent our interests with the government if they are telling us it’s ok to shoot why should we not believe them?

I do not dissagree with anything you say , you are right along with Scully Motty and  walker 570 etc.   I Have to say though i am with perazzishot on this one. I just do not trust the Police to behave in a right and proper way in this sort of situation. There is a pedantic aliment in the Law enforcement of this country, And i am not going to be on the receiving end of some Rough justice that lands me with my Licensing at the bottom of a paper pile a mile high.

6 months down the line i an getting no where looking at the new year with no end in sight to getting any issues sorted.

I went out this morning with the .22 LR  shot two rabbits, i am as sure as i can be i am fully legal and no one within miles of me anyway. But i am going to stay very careful  , certainly until i think the message as got well and truly through to everyone.  Meanwhile suppressed and stealthy is this lads routine.

I know i am being well OTT doing this but i just dont trust their ****. And i want no carp sticking to me.  Sort themselves out by September the first will do me i will just stay moderated rifles until then.Or untill i read it in black and white .  that might be days or just hours away. Let it develop.

1 hour ago, Perazzishot said:

As Lancer says, it's that rogue element with an agenda put in places of authority that will be the downfall in interpretation. We have them impounding £10k Superbikes, taking your guns and licence is even easier. 

Will be a long time before they do any appeals or listen to rational arguments by you or BASC if you trust them to take on your case, even then before all this my mate was 18 months before he got his back. That was just for verbal allegation the police decided to take issue with and investigate. He was never charged, never interviewed never even told what the alleged allegation was. Once they were satisfied in was not true they gave him his tickets and guns back. In that 18 months, he lost his job, home and relationship. No redress no come back nothing. 

I am with you and dont care if its just me and you in England. if i can get on that shore line In September i want to be there not Ringing BASC , starring up the road waiting for the post woman to bring news of my in a drawer licence in the Police HQ.

there’s nothing wrong with having your own opinion but if you don’t get on with it the powers that are hell bent on ending private ownership will take the message we will wear even more restrictions people have the wrong idea it’s your RIGHT to own firearms stand up for it 

13 minutes ago, clangerman said:

there’s nothing wrong with having your own opinion but if you don’t get on with it the powers that are hell bent on ending private ownership will take the message we will wear even more restrictions people have the wrong idea it’s your RIGHT to own firearms stand up for it 

I believe it’s your right to own a shotgun not firearms in general I maybe wrong

2 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

I believe it’s your right to own a shotgun not firearms in general I maybe wrong

obviously with a reason to own rifles it costs the police time effort and money they can’t wait to end our sport regardless of their views shutting us down will save them a fortune ten years you could easily be trying to decoy with a catapult 

12 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

As I understand it, you don’t need a reason to own a shotgun or have land on which to shoot it!.....but you need both to own a rifle

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

As I understand it, you don’t need a reason to own a shotgun or have land on which to shoot it!.....but you need both to own a rifle

At the moment!

But I think it was on here, that I read someone had their SGC refused at renewal as they told the FEO they hadn't used the shotgun for over a year.

It won't be long, if things carry on the way they are, especially as the orgs idea of fighting, is curling up in the foetal position and taking it.

Or as with the Lead fiasco, punching themselves in the face!!! Reminds me of the Judean People's Front Suicide Squad!

Edited by Newbie to this

16 minutes ago, clangerman said:

We need changes to the firearms licensing in the UK.  It can not carry in like it is. Needs streamlining, lots of things wrong. I think the Government need to intervene. Quite how we can go about bringing about changes, not sure.

Meanwhile we just do as we have to, when told to bend just ask how far.

But something got to change. It will be licencing takes us out not packham and his like.

12 minutes ago, clangerman said:

my old feo told me the police goal is to halt all private ownership of firearms i never liked the man but he was no liar they definitely want us gone 

Ronald greggory said this 30+ years ago. I only wish we had an answer to how to prevent this. But i am as guilty as any other here i am ok as long as its not involving me directly. Its weak i know but no idea how to get the government to help us.

8 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Ronald greggory said this 30+ years ago. I only wish we had an answer to how to prevent this. But i am as guilty as any other here i am ok as long as its not involving me directly. Its weak i know but no idea how to get the government to help us.

Don't vote for them and tell them why.

7 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

When has the government ever publicly sided with shooting or said anything good about shooting?

basc say they have consulted with the government, CPSA say the issue with clay shooting is to do with ticketed sports being undefined.

see

She has really strange mannerisms?? 🤔

4 hours ago, clangerman said:

in the usa its there rights, not here.