Lawn damage.

AVB

Just as the front lawn was beginning to look ok something has been in overnight and trashed it. 

I don’t think it was birds as there is some evidence of the grass being trampled in other places. Some of the damage is near holes, in other places the turf has been ripped away. We do have a large badger set about 100m away. Could it be these? 

9F2BF016-7CE5-427D-A443-23B2BB417F8D.jpeg

EC5F377A-7EBE-47AA-A539-B50DE0E414B4.jpeg

DC9140F1-592B-4136-94AE-D8D98998FA4F.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Electric fence, but they'll probably get around it.

It's impossible the secure the front - Open fence an d gate at front, hedges at side. 

38 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Dump food on  next doors lawn 😂😂

What food is recommended? Obviously they like worms as I guess that is what they are digging for. Dog food? The neighbours lawns either side of me are immaculate (for now 😉)

4 minutes ago, AVB said:

What food is recommended? Obviously they like worms as I guess that is what they are digging for. Dog food? The neighbours lawns either side of me are immaculate (for now

Try and see what your neighbour's are putting on your lawn 🤣🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Had you watered it or it rained to bring worms up?  Very dry at mo keeping most worms well down.    NB

No. The ground is very dry. I have been watering the back garden. I hope they don’t make it out there. 

11 hours ago, AVB said:

No. The ground is very dry. I have been watering the back garden. I hope they don’t make it out there. 

Do the neighbour's wash the car out front and spray your lawn 🕵️♂️🕵️♂️🤷‍♂️

I thought rooks and leather jackets to start with but being done over night I'd have to agree it's Billy bunter but he was probably after leather jackets. Unfortunately you can't shoot, trap, poison, karate chop, drop kick or poke them with spoons. Short of having a polite word or sending him an email you can't really stop the badgers. If it was leather jackets he was after though you can buy nematodes which target leather jackets. 

4 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

I thought rooks and leather jackets to start with but being done over night I'd have to agree it's Billy bunter but he was probably after leather jackets. Unfortunately you can't shoot, trap, poison, karate chop, drop kick or poke them with spoons. Short of having a polite word or sending him an email you can't really stop the badgers. If it was leather jackets he was after though you can buy nematodes which target leather jackets. 

I’ve never had any luck with nematodes. Not needed to mow my lawn this year yet as leather jackets have destroyed it. 

Could easily be crows/magpies (or badgers)

Whatever it was will have been after possibly leatherjackets or more likely these days chafer grubs.

Chafer grubs have become a major issue in lawns, destroying the lawns themselves and compounded by other animals searching for them.

Throw some dog food on your neighbors lawn when it gets dark and put the camera looking that way.  No point having yours dug up twice.

Or get some 12 bore trip alarms and wire the front lawn, it'll scare off the lawn wrecking beasties.

Edited by figgy