Lawn damage.

AVB

I am now the proud owner of a trail cam. I aim to get evidence tonight to prove whether badgers or something else. The Mrs quite rightly asked “yes but once you know what are you going to do about it?”.  Which is a fair point. If it is the badgers I will present the video evidence to them and ask them, no tell them, sternly to go and play elsewhere.  

It's definitely badgers (or badger). Video is too large to post on here. Tempting them to go elsewhere is the strategy. My wife, who is the probably the most law abiding person out there, wants me to shoot/poison/electrocute/batter/(insert any other means of death here) them. For some reason she has really got it in for them.    

Yesterday, after doing some research, I collected a bucketful of my pee and in the evening liberally sprayed it around the entry point and over the worst affected parts of the lawn. This morning there had been very minimal damage compared to previous nights and the trail cam showed only a fleeting visit by the badger (although a muntjac wasn’t put off by it). 

I have tried the same this evening. 

people are walking down the lane muttering “I can smell ****”. 

2 hours ago, AVB said:

Yesterday, after doing some research, I collected a bucketful of my pee and in the evening liberally sprayed it around the entry point and over the worst affected parts of the lawn. This morning there had been very minimal damage compared to previous nights and the trail cam showed only a fleeting visit by the badger (although a muntjac wasn’t put off by it). 

I have tried the same this evening. 

people are walking down the lane muttering “I can smell ****”. 

Could be worse.