Theobin Rapid 7 /12 FAC .20 or .22 ambidexterous

davesims

Well old'un I actually joined about 10 years before that and did post quite a few times but then for some reason I could not login with my original name and password. I tried but the system wasnt having any. I then joined with a new name and password but lost interest, at that time I had an Air Arms S310 .22 FAC and was on the look out for a left hand thumbhole walnut stock for it. I did in fact get a stock from one of the lads in the forum.In fact I still have the gun and the stock.

I lost interest because I moved on to fox control with 22-250 and 223 and spent a lot of time developing night vision soloutions with members of the Night Vision Forum.

I have recently gone back to doing a bit of pest control Rabbits, Squirrels and Rats and I am looking for another gun to facilitate this. Ive always wanted a Rapid but have struggled to find one. I have posted on several forums looking for one and one of the members kindly suggested that I try PW Forum.

It's a shame that instead of helping you chose to make sarcastic comments about my post but then I suppose it takes all sorts.

Thank you for repling foxnet22. I am a member of the three rapid forums on FB but some of those forums dictate that you must have posted at least 30 posts before you have access to the sales forum????. I agree that there seems to be a high demand for the Rapid 7/12 and its slightly more difficult for me to find one with being left handed and needing an ambidexterous stock. Basically I'm trying everywhere in the hope that I will come across a member who is thinking of selling. I have tried Guntrader and there is one listed on there with an ambidexterous stock and one with a left hand stock but the lefty is nearly £1000.00.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

How is the truth ‘sarcastic’ ??

Of couse the truth can be sarcastic. It all depends on the context of the statement. In this case I posted asking if any member had a rapid for sale, I presume that you do not have one for sale but instead of moving on without comment decided to post a comment that helps no one but makes you feel a little better.

Now that you have had your moment in the spotlight I suggest you "jog on" and let the rest of the forum carry on as normal.

If you have a look through the wanted adds you'll see a few people asking about rapids, and normally a few folk offer guns so you might find one that way.

I think McAvoys had a FAC for sale a while back might be worth a look.

I think you'll struggle with a lefty but Ambi shouldn't be a problem,  my rapid is Ambi but it wasn't supposed to be.

Plus the fac guns are normally cheaper not dearer.

Thank you for your reply. I will have a look through the wanted adds as you suggest I will also look on McAvoys website. I would be happy with an ambidexterous stock but thought that there might be a lefty out there just waiting for a new owner as they are not as popular at least not judging by the adds anyway.

I have my mind set on a rapid I’m afraid. A 7 or 12 or even an MFR I have wanted one for a while ever since using a friends R7. I have an Air Arms S310 .22 FAC this is a great gun and extremely accurate but Like I said I would love a rapid. I am sure one will turn up and once the lockdown is over I will try the gun shops but thank you very much for your help and advice. 

Cheers

Dave

https://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p7720_130810_002_.25_Theoben_Rapid_12_Air_rifle.html

See you've made me look now, there is also a .22 listed neither say fac, the website is poor, some adds don't have pictures.

I've read a few times of gun shops not being able to shift fac air rifles, getting a sub 12 might cost you more but less chance someone has butchered it?

Good luck 

Thank you Mice. I did have a look on the mcavoy guns website and there were 2 rapids listed, neither with any photos and a very brief description. I notice that they are closed at the moment so I will keep checking and give them a ring when the're open.

Yes I have thought about this and if I can't find what I want then I will look into it. Trouble is the extra cost of the stock. I did have a look back on Ebay and there was one sold for £75.00 in feb so there may be hope.

8 hours ago, ant.mass said:

i have few none fac rapids that ill be selling if thats any good to you

Thank you but I'm looking for FAC versions at this time.

Regards.

Dave

7 minutes ago, davesims said:

Yes I have thought about this and if I can't find what I want then I will look into it. Trouble is the extra cost of the stock. I did have a look back on Ebay and there was one sold for £75.00 in feb so there may be hope.

Thank you but I'm looking for FAC versions at this time.

Regards.

Dave

hello there is a nice one on gun trader in suffolk with a RFD, cheap enough to get a lefty stock and sell other

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2020 at 10:22, ant.mass said:

i have few none fac rapids that ill be selling if thats any good to you

Hi Ant,

Can you give me some details of the 3 rifles you have for sale please.

I have emailed KevG to see if I can get a price for converting a sub 12ftlb to fac.

TIA

Dave