China threatens Australia

clumber

I watched a short documentary on how Australia is the only country to have constant economic growth for so long. Only trouble it's linked to china. Now might be a good time for them to start and break free. China have a hold on them, be interesting to see if Oz bends a knee or bloodies their noses.

I was surprised by how much land and water they've bought up and the deals done on beef.

They've been going about buying into different countries around  the world for quite some time, nice and quietly. Africa springs to mind.

Like you say, it'll be interesting to see how the Aussies go. Could be a turning point for the rest who are in a similar position? 

4 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

Apparently, Australia doesn't produce its own toilet rolls....they're imported from....yeh....CHINA!   So if Australia gives China the elbow, the Aussies really will be in the brown stuff!

Hardly anyone apart from China makes toilet rolls anymore. The issue being that paper products like this are so commoditised and cheap that to get the prices the buyers want, you need to be buying from countries with cheap labour. Same as Moulded Pulp products. 

1 hour ago, clumber said:

I was surprised by how much land and water they've bought up and the deals done on beef.

They've been going about buying into different countries around  the world for quite some time, nice and quietly. Africa springs to mind.

Like you say, it'll be interesting to see how the Aussies go. Could be a turning point for the rest who are in a similar position? 

hello, not forgetting Mines, google Chinese copper mines

13 hours ago, clumber said:

They`re building an empire by economic means which gives them worldwide influence by stealth.