Catton hall cheshire reopens.

gemini52

Hopefully Local CPSA ground open to members by the end of the month. Received an email from the manager as we offered to go help chat clean mow grass  ect etc 

trap buttons surly just a case of gloves and surgical wipes ! Longer term bigger buttons we use with feet. knees, elbows. 

Regards  Agriv8 

1 hour ago, Agriv8 said:

Hopefully Local CPSA ground open to members by the end of the month. Received an email from the manager as we offered to go help chat clean mow grass  ect etc 

trap buttons surly just a case of gloves and surgical wipes ! Longer term bigger buttons we use with feet. knees, elbows. 

Regards  Agriv8 

Yes hopefully ,mickley hall in nantwhitch will reopen on the 19 may,so hopefully more will follow.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been to Catton Hall my problem is I usually shoot alone here the guys I normally shoot with don’t like it, so I don’t like the idea of touching the buttons and then bringing the gun up near my mouth a foot pedal or buttons would be ideal I do think all grounds are going to have to convert to some sort of foot operated traps. 

24 minutes ago, Brian-B690 said:

Has anyone been to Catton Hall my problem is I usually shoot alone here the guys I normally shoot with don’t like it, so I don’t like the idea of touching the buttons and then bringing the gun up near my mouth a foot pedal or buttons would be ideal I do think all grounds are going to have to convert to some sort of foot operated traps. 

Personally I think you may well find most people will go in pairs and you may have to adapt your shooting.

Well, I have shot with 1 friend at the local clay ground for the last 2 Wednesdays. There are only 6 of the normal 9 stands available, but that is to aid observation/supervision. Wednesdays have been kept for 'vulnerable' or 'wrinklies'. I used my normal shooting gloves, so did my pal. We buttoned for each other and we both refrained from sucking our thumbs on the way round. At the end of the shoot, when we were taking off our shooting gear, we used a disinfectant spray on our gloves, before removal. We both then used a hand gel, before going to pay. Payment was made outside the clubhouse, which was closed. More hand gel at the pay point, then back to our vehicles and home. We met up with other regulars and had a natter but all kept our distance between each other. Common sense really. But at least we were shooting, thanks to the staff at Ribble Bank.  

On 28/05/2020 at 07:51, Brian-B690 said:

I'm shielding and twitching to shoot. So chanced it and ventured out to Catton Hall! Nice to catch up with Josh and the rest of the Mann family. Wednesday kick off is 10.00am and fairly quiet until around 11.30/12 (weather was glorious though) This is a common sense approach set up. Don't get too close or tell people to ##$/ off if they do, if it gets too busy.........Go home etc

Clubhouse only open for toilet facilities, book on via veranda and sanitizer on every station!

I doubt it did much physically, maybe more mentally but I wore my Macwets for added protection! 

How versatile are foot peddle? Ie on report pairs