Branchers

1 hour ago, Hamster said:

It’s one of those situations when you can sympathise with either party’s point. 

I agree 

6 hours ago, grahamch said:

An outdated and cruel practice which if more widely known about would do shooting sports more harm than good

But posts like this do none of us any good. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

If they’re regarded as a pest then it’s pest control; no different than shooting fox cubs or young rabbits. 

^^^^^ This.

51 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Who needs antis and Packham when we've got plenty in our own ranks.

Exactly this is p[est control. Anyone who could see the number of birds on this farm we will be going to on monday might have a different view.  Great bird but like anything they need to be managed. 

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Who needs antis and Packham when we've got plenty in our own ranks.

And which one of us is most likely to cause harm to our sport in this day and age? Because I choose to exercise restraint in my hunting does that automatically paint me as an anti? I don't shoot young Rabbits, I dont shoot any Game birds, Deer or even Hares - that's my choice but, more importantly, I don't make wild presumptions about people that do nor do I  ask them to stop.

Edited by bruno22rf

52 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

And which one of us is most likely to cause harm to our sport in this day and age? Because I choose to exercise restraint in my hunting does that automatically paint me as an anti? I don't shoot young Rabbits, I dont shoot any Game birds, Deer or even Hares - that's my choice but, more importantly, I don't make wild presumptions about people that do nor do I  ask them to stop.

:good:

7 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

If they really are a problem then shoot the nests out in January.

A very good point 

I’ve shot branchers in the past. I’ve also shot young fox cubs and rabbits. I wouldn’t do it now but understand if folk need to do it for a reason. As long as that reason isn’t sport.