S.yorkspolice letter

18 minutes ago, London Best said:

I had exactly that letter from Derbyshire and took up the option. Get a lot of neighbourhood watch stuff, but useful for firearms stuff.

Used to see our local FEO out and about, lives  in next village,  so got updates until he retired. 

Never had any other contact only for renewals. Mind you living in a small village some folk know what's going on before it happens!

South Yorkshire Police are a disgrace I would not give them anything I did not have to. I have a lot of respect for most constabularies but had to deal with SY for 6/7 years in the early 2000s and they were a complete joke. I am sure there are many great individual officers who work there but organisationally it was defunct. If it is still as bad as it was it should be split up and the parts merged with Derbyshire, West Yorkshire and Humberside. 

On 16/05/2020 at 19:48, WalkedUp said:

South Yorkshire Police are a disgrace I would not give them anything I did not have to. I have a lot of respect for most constabularies but had to deal with SY for 6/7 years in the early 2000s and they were a complete joke. I am sure there are many great individual officers who work there but organisationally it was defunct. If it is still as bad as it was it should be split up and the parts merged with Derbyshire, West Yorkshire and Humberside. 

What were the problems? I've been dealing with them for about 8 years now and I've not had any issues. Variations were turned around quickly, they pretty much gave me what I asked for and my SGC didn't take an inordinate amount of time.

Jacko,

I also live in Rotherham. I get Alerts but nothing firearm specific. I'll ask via our Club WhatsApp group.

NOT had this letter.  

These days I find SY very good and accommodating where they can be.  Yes, a few years ago they were very, very bad but that has changed markedly.

Andy

9 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

What were the problems? I've been dealing with them for about 8 years now and I've not had any issues. Variations were turned around quickly, they pretty much gave me what I asked for and my SGC didn't take an inordinate amount of time.

Nothing firearms related. Several personal incidents that they just refused to attend, many arranged meetings simply missed by them without apology or explanation. My wife was attacked and chased by a stranger. I was run over at 30mph from the side whilst cycling at 25/30mph. An attempted mugging which resulted in the mugger being beaten. Obviously there is Hillsborough, Rotherham, Orgreave etc too. They seem to lose Chief Constables weekly. I am biased, but to me they have a bad name so every time I see police incompetence in the news it seems to be SY.

I have lived in five constabulary regions and the other four have all been fantastic.

jacko the letter is a genuine request from SYP to help local police and to help the crime prevention fight...ignore it ? NO ..... sign up and get alerts the firearms team need all the help they can get.... Guns are being stolen ..used. In sheffield and the country for gang wars...you will get updated as i do on the situation from the horses mouth...not chinese wispers....might help your renewal of license to as shows you want to take care ..its up to you though..

Edited by clay shooter