Coffee, Latte, flat white, cappuccino, espresso etc

HDAV

Anyone else into making coffee? 

I generally can’t stand it but SWMBO was really missing the dish water from the works canteen so I’m making 3-4 a day....some good offers on freshly roasted coffee and some idea to help you make it at home if you don’t have all the gear. Or if you do well like me you can waste hours watching videos and trying to improve..... all for the response to be “tastes the same” 🤨

oh well keeps me occupied......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

Done: -

Caffitaly

Nespresso

Espresso (and all associated drinks from it)

Bean to cup

Commercial one group machine with commercial grinder

Home roasting using popcorn popper

Spent and awful lot of money on coffee making

It all became an obsession, so decided to slim down and sell most of my gear

Currently using Sage Oracle at home, Nespresso Vertuo in the caravan

I like the Vertuo for the very long black coffees as I have moved away slightly from the strong espressos, though I still drink them

I only ever drink black coffee. My wife drinks the milk based ones

On a slight tangent Coffee was being discussed on this very forum a few years back and my paltry contribution to the debate was that I had never found anything nicer than Gold Blend. A fellow member stated that buying a pod machine would open up a whole new world of possibilities and, following his advice, I must admit that he was not wrong. The very first thing I do when I fall out of my pit in the early hours is switch on the Coffee machine - never mind hopping up and down in urgent need of a leak, then stand there eagerly awaiting the hot nectar to fill my cup - things are now so bad that we have 2 machines just incase one goes bang.

Guest cookoff013

i do stove top. espresso for...

i`ve been having full fat, non homogenised jersey milk, gold top latte.

i would happily drown in that stuff

Yes, yes and yes,

Currently have an old Delongi expresso machine (it has personal meaning) and a Sage grinder.  Also have an aero-press for good coffee at work or when at events.

The wife got me a barista basics course for Christmas with 'two chimps coffee' and learnt loads, I can also recommend two chimps for some great tasting coffee, either whole bean or ground to suit your style of brewing :)

I don’t generally like the stuff (Used but since quitting the fags doesn’t have he same appeal) but have a manual Espresso machine a gaggia classic (used ones are shooting up in value at the moment) and a decent grinder but just bought a mate an Aeropress which if you like straight black coffee short or long is well worth £25 some great offers on right now for an Aeropress and some top coffee 

https://ravecoffee.co.uk/products/aeropress-gift-set 15% off code 

https://www.origincoffee.co.uk/collections/brewing-equipment/products/aeropress?variant=20976999623 20% offer but out of stock right now

for capsules try these https://cliftoncoffee.co.uk/shop/coffee/blends/village-capsules/ bought some for a mate and he thinks they are great.

Have lost count how many variants of coffee making in this house.she has fancy machine I have a £30 delonghi  nescafe with grande capsules and love it.

In the van now we can't drink customers I have opted for nescafe Alta Rica and I quite like it with powered milk and also powered tea,now that is nice.

Bean to cup machine here

not into any of this poncification and fancy meaningless names

first time I went into one of these Starbucks or whatever I asked for a large black strong coffee...simples. Asked me "Americano?"    

Me"NO Lancashire, is my accent that hard to understand??"

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

first time I went into one of these Starbucks or whatever I asked for a large black strong coffee...simples. Asked me "Americano?"    

Should always Ask for filter if you don’t want espresso 

I remember listening to a comedian years ago complaining about going into a coffee shop and he literally couldn't get a normal coffee. He asked the till person for a coffee flavoured coffee and was told "umm sir we don't do that". I've found that with places myself...." oh what kind of coffee would you like?" Umm just coffee without added kack please.

I also never understood decaf coffee. To me it's like paying a prostitute for a cuddle.

2 hours ago, Diver One said:

I can drink espresso all day long

regularly have a double before bedtime, seriously!

Not surprised, there’s  not very much caffeine in an espresso lots more filter or cafetière (brewed coffee)