Coffee, Latte, flat white, cappuccino, espresso etc

HDAV

still think the best cup of mid morning coffee....is made with hot milk straight out of the pan....whisked up with standard nescafe....sugar and dunk loads of digestive biscuits in it...unti;l it is cool enough to drink............

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/05/2020 at 08:38, B725 said:

I do my own bean to cup coffee as its a million time's better than instant coffee. It was purchased via a very nice chap on pw who did me a good deal and as much help and information as I needed 

well thank you kind sir 😁

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/05/2020 at 22:37, HDAV said:

Makes awesome iced coffee my aunt used to make big flasks in the summer lovely stuff.

Best recipe I’ve found is:

(for 2 glasses)

2 shots espresso or strong black coffee

1 teaspoon cocoa powder

2 tablespoons Camp essence

stir the above together in a jug until smooth and pour over glasses filled with crushed ice. Top up with cold milk. 

As per Moondoggy I've been a lover of coffee for years and gone through much the same machines bar roasting my own beans.

I only drink it black, was always a espresso drinker but the Nespresso virtuo has seen me drinking and enjoying the longer cups of coffee.

Still a single or double espresso on a morning but don't drink as many as I used to.

Sunday or Saturday morning is my favourite when my wife goes to Lidl and buys the fresh crispy french croissant and pain o chocolates. Can't beat dipping torn off chunk off fresh croissants in your espresso.

Don't do bean to cup.... They go wrong, nespresso style pods are expensive, commercial one group machines are impractical for a coffee or two. 

ESE type pod machines are great, round compressed coffee in teabag paper, cheap and simple. 

How have i arrived at this, ran foodservice at Lyons Tetley for 9 years and have had my own commercial coffee company for the last 22 years with wholesale supply and service engineers.