Composite Decking - slippery when wet?

treetree

16 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Ive just fitted a rubber topped composite decking  .it seams pretty grippey .but hasnt rained yet  so dont know .

I can get back to you when it does  

Screenshot_20200515-180124.png

Screenshot_20200515-180133.png

Or you could put the hose or watering can on it. :whistling:

We now use Envirobuild composite Pioneer decking on all our jobs now. It oddly has more grip when wet than it does when dry. Easy enough to work with, all prices and a build calculator on their website to make life easier. (Order more fixings though). 

We used to use Millboard composite but had too many issues with the finish peeling and flaking off after a few months. Not had one issue in 3 years using Envirobuild. Looks good when down too. You can request a sample pack on their website before buying after looking at online pics. 

Tip: Do not butt end joints up tight on composite as it will buckle. Composite expands over it's length when hot. Ideally leave 8-10mm gap between end joints. 

I have no affiliation with Envirobuild, I just use their products and have been really impressed so far. 

https://www.envirobuild.com/collections/pioneer

10 hours ago, Arcadia said:

We now use Envirobuild composite Pioneer decking on all our jobs now. It oddly has more grip when wet than it does when dry. Easy enough to work with, all prices and a build calculator on their website to make life easier. (Order more fixings though). 

We used to use Millboard composite but had too many issues with the finish peeling and flaking off after a few months. Not had one issue in 3 years using Envirobuild. Looks good when down too. You can request a sample pack on their website before buying after looking at online pics. 

Tip: Do not butt end joints up tight on composite as it will buckle. Composite expands over it's length when hot. Ideally leave 8-10mm gap between end joints. 

I have no affiliation with Envirobuild, I just use their products and have been really impressed so far. 

https://www.envirobuild.com/collections/pioneer

Ah, just the man I've been looking for! Would you mind if I put a few questions your way when the project gets going ( if I can ever get hold of any materials.

Thanks

On 16/05/2020 at 12:58, treetree said:

Ah, just the man I've been looking for! Would you mind if I put a few questions your way when the project gets going ( if I can ever get hold of any materials.

Thanks

No not at all. Happy to help if I can.  👍