Sign in to follow this  
ditchman

im mainly re-building a .....

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

i did try some cleaning fluid ........but the staining had gone too deep a layer needed to come off hence the wet & dry...........

I always wondered how staining  was taken out of marble. A taxidermist I knew many years ago picked up a lot of victorian taxidermy stuff and his father was a antique dealer, he used to do lots of restoration on the taxidermy and antiques and had a wall full of all manner of restoring materials. Used to be a very interesting  day out going to see him.

mended the bead and cleaned it using the high speed soft steel brush......sanded the left hand plinth back to its original colour................you know im not sure wether to polish the marble yet to a gloss finish ......still thinking about that.....if i dont polish it  it will be a smooth soft flat white which will compliment the gold leaf which will be in most places a smooth soft matt gold with a nice bloom.......:hmm:

restripped the pendulum (regulator)..........and i will leave the other bits of the marble ....and continue to strip the rough finish off the left hand casting ..like what i did to the other one..............

we progress......

clock beading 001tn_.JPG

clock beading 002tn_.JPG

clock beading 003tn_.JPG

clock beading 004tn_.JPG

clock beading 005tn_.JPG

clock beading 006tn_.JPG

clock beading 007tn_.JPG

clock beading 008tn_.JPG

clock beading 009tn_.JPG

clock beading 010tn_.JPG

clock beading 011tn_.JPG

clock beading 012tn_.JPG

clock beading 013tn_.JPG

clock beading 014tn_.JPG

clock beading 015tn_.JPG

clock beading 016tn_.JPG

clock beading 017tn_.JPG

clock beading 018tn_.JPG

clock beading 019tn_.JPG

clock beading 020tn_.JPG

clock beading 021tn_.JPG

clock beading 022tn_.JPG

56 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When finished will it go in to the east wing or the west?

It’s just a trial run for the full size one for the tower over the gates to ditch mansion 😂

When I see your work, I always laugh. Not at you, but at the gap between your level of skill and mine. 

Keep it up.😀

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

When I see your work, I always laugh. Not at you, but at the gap between your level of skill and mine. 

Keep it up.😀

you do the teknicle stuff and i will do the fiddly bits............im sure that is how NASA work when building a moon rocket :lol: